Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 80 pg/ml
- Range: 0.0823 ng/ml - 60 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman TGF beta 1 ELISA Kit
See all TGF beta 1 kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall < 10% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall < 12%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 80 pg/ml
Range0.082 ng/ml - 60 ng/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 97.87 85% - 104% Serum 94.46 82% - 102% Plasma 95.78 93% - 103%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Human TGF beta 1 ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit (ab100647) is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human TGF beta 1 in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human TGF beta 1 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and TGF beta 1 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human TGF beta 1 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of TGF beta 1 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Ab100647 was reformulated on 31st May 2018 with new capture and detector antibodies that allows to increase the sensitivity to human TGF beta 1.
Please note that as a consequence of this change, the procedure and protocol have slightly changed and we encourage you to review the protocol steps before starting your experiments
Optimization may be required with urine samples.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 500X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml Biotinylated anti-Human TGF beta 1 2 vials Recombinant Human TGF beta 1 Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TGF beta 1 Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
FunctionMultifunctional protein that controls proliferation, differentiation and other functions in many cell types. Many cells synthesize TGFB1 and have specific receptors for it. It positively and negatively regulates many other growth factors. It plays an important role in bone remodeling as it is a potent stimulator of osteoblastic bone formation, causing chemotaxis, proliferation and differentiation in committed osteoblasts.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in bone. Abundantly expressed in articular cartilage and chondrocytes and is increased in osteoarthritis (OA). Co-localizes with ASPN in chondrocytes within OA lesions of articular cartilage.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in TGFB1 are the cause of Camurati-Engelmann disease (CE) [MIM:131300]; also known as progressive diaphyseal dysplasia 1 (DPD1). CE is an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by hyperostosis and sclerosis of the diaphyses of long bones. The disease typically presents in early childhood with pain, muscular weakness and waddling gait, and in some cases other features such as exophthalmos, facial paralysis, hearing difficulties and loss of vision.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TGF-beta family.
The precursor is cleaved into mature TGF-beta-1 and LAP, which remains non-covalently linked to mature TGF-beta-1 rendering it inactive.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- Cartilage-inducing factor
- Differentiation inhibiting factor
ab100647 has been referenced in 38 publications.
- Yang Y & Min Z Effect of long non-coding RNA AK021443 on promoting hepatic fibrosis in vitro. Mol Med Rep 23:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33495828
- Jia J et al. Cutaneous neurofibroma cells with active YAP promotes proliferation of macrophages resulting in increased accumulation of macrophages by modulating CCL5 and TGF-ß1. Oncol Rep 43:1319-1330 (2020). PubMed: 32323813
- Li J et al. HOXC10 promotes cell migration, invasion, and tumor growth in gastric carcinoma cells through upregulating proinflammatory cytokines. J Cell Physiol 235:3579-3591 (2020). PubMed: 31552684
- Wang J et al. Inhibition of PLK4 might enhance the anti-tumour effect of bortezomib on glioblastoma via PTEN/PI3K/AKT/mTOR signalling pathway. J Cell Mol Med 24:3931-3947 (2020). PubMed: 32126150
- Liu L et al. Enhanced Effect of IL-1ß-Activated Adipose-Derived MSCs (ADMSCs) on Repair of Intestinal Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury via COX-2-PGE2 Signaling. Stem Cells Int 2020:2803747 (2020). PubMed: 32377202