Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 0.84 ng/ml
- Range: 0.84 ng/ml - 120 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Cit plasma, EDTA Plasma, Milk, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman Thrombin-Antithrombin Complex ELISA Kit (TAT)
See all Thrombin-Antithrombin Complex kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 5.6% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 9%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Milk, Serum, EDTA Plasma, Cit plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity= 0.84 ng/ml
Range0.84 ng/ml - 120 ng/ml
Assay time4h 00m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Thrombin-Antithrombin Complex (TAT) Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of Thrombin-Antithrombin Complex concentrations in plasma, milk and cell culture supernatants.
A Thrombin-Antithrombin Complex specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently a Thrombin-Antithrombin Complex specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of Thrombin-Antithrombin Complex captured in plate.
Note: It is not recommended to perform spike recovery in plasma samples due to large amount of endogenous Anti-thrombin III (mg/ml range) which will saturate the capture antibody and interfere with the binding of the TAT standard
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for long term storage before reconstitution - Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml 50X Biotinylated Human Thrombin-Antithrombin Complex Antibody 1 x 120µl Chromogen Substrate 1 x 7ml Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 11ml Thrombin-Antithrombin Complex Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit Thrombin-Antithrombin Complex Standard 1 vial
RelevanceThrombin, which cleaves bonds after Arg and Lys, converts fibrinogen to fibrin and activates factors V, VII, VIII, XIII, and, in complex with thrombomodulin, protein C. Functions in blood homeostasis, inflammation and wound healing. Antithrombin: Most important serine protease inhibitor in plasma that regulates the blood coagulation cascade. Antithrombin inhibits thrombin, matriptase-3/TMPRSS7, as well as factors IXa, Xa and XIa. Its inhibitory activity is greatly enhanced in the presence of heparin.
- antithrombin III
ab108907 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Tang X et al. Transferrin plays a central role in coagulation balance by interacting with clotting factors. Cell Res 30:119-132 (2020). PubMed: 31811276
- Liang Y et al. Coagulation cascade and complement system in systemic lupus erythematosus. Oncotarget 9:14862-14881 (2018). PubMed: 29599912
- Park H et al. Polymeric nano-shielded islets with heparin-polyethylene glycol in a non-human primate model. Biomaterials 171:164-177 (2018). PubMed: 29698867
- Oklu R et al. Neutrophil extracellular traps are increased in cancer patients but does not associate with venous thrombosis. Cardiovasc Diagn Ther 7:S140-S149 (2017). PubMed: 29399517
- Zhao L et al. Protein kinase A determines platelet life span and survival by regulating apoptosis. J Clin Invest 127:4338-4351 (2017). PubMed: 29083324
- Zhu S et al. Dynamics of Thrombin Generation and Flux from Clots during Whole Human Blood Flow over Collagen/Tissue Factor Surfaces. J Biol Chem 291:23027-23035 (2016). PubMed: 27605669
- Wang J et al. Prothrombotic SERPINC1 gene polymorphism may affect heparin sensitivity among different ethnicities of Chinese patients receiving heart surgery. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 21:760-7 (2015). PubMed: 25361738
- Hyacinth HI et al. Effect of Chronic Blood Transfusion on Biomarkers of Coagulation Activation and Thrombin Generation in Sickle Cell Patients at Risk for Stroke. PLoS One 10:e0134193 (2015). PubMed: 26305570
- Zheng H et al. Identification of a new SERPINC1 mutation in a Kazak family that alters the heparin binding capacity of antithrombin. Thromb Res 134:1344-9 (2014). PubMed: 25312341
- Borissoff JI et al. Elevated levels of circulating DNA and chromatin are independently associated with severe coronary atherosclerosis and a prothrombotic state. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 33:2032-2040 (2013). PubMed: 23818485