Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 0.3 ng/ml
- Range: 0.313 ng/ml - 20 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman Thrombin ELISA Kit (Factor II)
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4.7% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 7.2%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity= 0.3 ng/ml
Range0.313 ng/ml - 20 ng/ml
Assay time4h 0m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s Thrombin (Factor II) Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of Thrombin concentrations in cell culture supernatants. This assay recognizes both natural and recombinant Human thrombin.
A Thrombin specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently a Thrombin specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of Thrombin captured in plate.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for long term storage before reconstitution - Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent M Concentrate 1 x 20ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml 80X Biotinylated Human Thrombin Antibody 1 x 75µl Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 12ml Thrombin Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit Thrombin Standard 1 vial
- SwissProt: P00734 Human
ab108909 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Lei J et al. Dabigatran activates inflammation resolution by promoting fibrinogen-like protein 2 shedding and RvD5n-3 DPA production. Theranostics 11:4251-4261 (2021). PubMed: 33754059
- Zitur LJ et al. Brain Death Enhances Activation of the Innate Immune System and Leads to Reduced Renal Metabolic Gene Expression. Transplantation 103:1821-1833 (2019). PubMed: 30964836
- Wang H et al. N-glycosylation in the protease domain of trypsin-like serine proteases mediates calnexin-assisted protein folding. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29889025
- Moñux G et al. FXa inhibition by rivaroxaban modifies mechanisms associated with the pathogenesis of human abdominal aortic aneurysms. Br J Clin Pharmacol 83:2661-2670 (2017). PubMed: 28735510
- Abu El-Asrar AM et al. Upregulation of Thrombin/Matrix Metalloproteinase-1/Protease-Activated Receptor-1 Chain in Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy. Curr Eye Res 41:1590-1600 (2016). PubMed: 27261371
- Liu JF et al. Thrombin induces heme oxygenase-1 expression in human synovial fibroblasts through protease-activated receptor signaling pathways. Arthritis Res Ther 14:R91 (2012). Sandwich ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 22541814