Key features and details
- Suitable for: Blocking
Product nameHuman Thrombospondin 2 peptide
Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab96113 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-Thrombospondin 2 antibody (ab84469)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
FunctionAdhesive glycoprotein that mediates cell-to-cell and cell-to-matrix interactions. Can bind to fibrinogen, fibronectin, laminin and type V collagen.
Tissue specificityHigh expression in invertebral disk tissue.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in THBS2 may be a cause of susceptibility to intervertebral disc disease (IDD) [MIM:603932]; also known as lumbar disk herniation (LDH). IDD is one of the most common musculo-skeletal disorders and the predominant cause of low-back pain and unilateral leg pain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the thrombospondin family.
Contains 3 EGF-like domains.
Contains 1 TSP C-terminal (TSPC) domain.
Contains 1 TSP N-terminal (TSPN) domain.
Contains 3 TSP type-1 domains.
Contains 8 TSP type-3 repeats.
Contains 1 VWFC domain.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab96113 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.