Product nameHuman Thrombospondin 2 peptide
Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab96113 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-Thrombospondin 2 antibody (ab84469)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
FunctionAdhesive glycoprotein that mediates cell-to-cell and cell-to-matrix interactions. Can bind to fibrinogen, fibronectin, laminin and type V collagen.
Tissue specificityHigh expression in invertebral disk tissue.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in THBS2 may be a cause of susceptibility to intervertebral disc disease (IDD) [MIM:603932]; also known as lumbar disk herniation (LDH). IDD is one of the most common musculo-skeletal disorders and the predominant cause of low-back pain and unilateral leg pain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the thrombospondin family.
Contains 3 EGF-like domains.
Contains 1 TSP C-terminal (TSPC) domain.
Contains 1 TSP N-terminal (TSPN) domain.
Contains 3 TSP type-1 domains.
Contains 8 TSP type-3 repeats.
Contains 1 VWFC domain.
- Information by UniProt
ab96113 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.