Product nameHuman TIM 1 peptide
See all TIM 1 proteins and peptides
Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
Predicted molecular weight39 kDa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab97979 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- HAVCR 1
FunctionMay play a role in T-helper cell development and the regulation of asthma and allergic diseases. Receptor for TIMD4 (By similarity). In case of human hepatitis A virus (HHAV) infection, functions as a cell-surface receptor for the virus. May play a role in kidney injury and repair.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed, with highest levels in kidney and testis. Expressed by activated CD4+ T-cells during the development of helper T-cells responses.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily. TIM family.
Contains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab97979 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.