Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 40 pg/ml
- Range: 24.69 pg/ml - 18000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman TIMP1 ELISA Kit
See all TIMP1 kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 40 pg/ml
Range24.69 pg/ml - 18000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 94.49 84% - 104% Serum 92.43 81% - 102% Plasma 93.67 83% - 102%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s TIMP1 Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human TIMP1 in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human TIMP1 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and TIMP1 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human TIMP1 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of TIMP1 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Get higher sensitivity in only 90 minutes with Human TIMP1 ELISA Kit (ab187394) from our SimpleStep ELISA® range.
Optimization may be required with urine samples.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 300X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Human TIMP1 (lyophilized) 2 vials Recombinant Human TIMP1 Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TIMP1 Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
FunctionComplexes with metalloproteinases (such as collagenases) and irreversibly inactivates them by binding to their catalytic zinc cofactor. Also mediates erythropoiesis in vitro; but, unlike IL-3, it is species-specific, stimulating the growth and differentiation of only human and murine erythroid progenitors. Known to act on MMP-1, MMP-2, MMP-3, MMP-7, MMP-8, MMP-9, MMP-10, MMP-11, MMP-12, MMP-13 and MMP-16. Does not act on MMP-14.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protease inhibitor I35 (TIMP) family.
Contains 1 NTR domain.
modificationsThe activity of TIMP1 is dependent on the presence of disulfide bonds.
- Information by UniProt
- Collagenase inhibitor
- Collagenase inhibitor, Human
SimpleStep ELISA kits
ab100651 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Lurins J et al. Impact of several proinflammatory and cell degradation factors in patients with aortic valve stenosis. Exp Ther Med 17:2433-2442 (2019). PubMed: 30906430
- Wang QW et al. Anti-influenza A virus activity of rhein through regulating oxidative stress, TLR4, Akt, MAPK, and NF-?B signal pathways. PLoS One 13:e0191793 (2018). PubMed: 29385192
- D'Souza A et al. Rationale and design of DUAL study: Doxycycline to Upgrade response in light chain (AL) amyloidosis (DUAL): A phase 2 pilot study of a two-pronged approach of prolonged doxycycline with plasma cell-directed therapy in the treatment of AL amyloidosis. Contemp Clin Trials Commun 8:33-38 (2017). PubMed: 29696194
- Kapelouzou A et al. Serum and tissue biomarkers in aortic stenosis. Glob Cardiol Sci Pract 2015:49 (2015). PubMed: 26779524
- Natrajan MS et al. Pioglitazone regulates myelin phagocytosis and multiple sclerosis monocytes. Ann Clin Transl Neurol 2:1071-84 (2015). ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 26734659
- Yang WJ et al. Matrix metalloproteinase 2 level in human follicular fluid is a reliable marker of human oocyte maturation in in vitro fertilization and intracytoplasmic sperm injection cycles. Reprod Biol Endocrinol 13:102 (2015). PubMed: 26337061