Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 2 pg/ml
- Range: 156 pg/ml - 10000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, EDTA Plasma, Hep Plasma, Saliva, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman TIMP3 ELISA Kit (MIG-5)
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% 1 16 233pg/ml 18.21 = 7% 2 16 1357pg/ml 92.27 = 6.8% 3 16 4383pg/ml 271.74 = 6.2% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% 1 24 248pg/ml 21.08 = 8.5% 2 24 1474pg/ml 120.86 = 8.2% 3 24 4049pg/ml 327.96 = 8.1%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Saliva, Serum, Hep Plasma, EDTA Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 2 pg/ml
Range156 pg/ml - 10000 pg/ml
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s Human TIMP3 (MIG-5) in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the accurate quantitative measurement of Human TIMP3 (MIG-5) in cell culture supernatants, serum, plasma (heparin, EDTA) and saliva.
A TIMP3 (MIG-5) specific mouse monoclonal antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards and test samples are added to the wells and incubated. A biotinylated detection polyclonal antibody from goat specific for TIMP3 (MIG-5) is then added followed by washing with PBS or TBS buffer. Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with PBS or TBS buffer. TMB is then used to visualize the HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the Human TIMP3 (MIG-5) amount of sample captured in plate.
Note: In our lab we were only able to detect high doses of TIMP3 above 625 pg/ml.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests ABC Diluent Buffer Blue Cap 1 x 12ml Antibody Diluent Buffer Green Cap 1 x 12ml Anti-Human TIMP3 antibody Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex (ABC) 1 x 100µl Biotinylated anti-Human TIMP3 antibody 1 x 130µl Lyophilized recombinant Human TIMP3 standard 2 x 10ng Plate Seal 4 units Sample Diluent Buffer Green Cap 1 x 30ml TMB Color Developing Agent Amber Bottle 1 x 10ml TMB Stop Solution Yellow Cap 1 x 10ml
FunctionComplexes with metalloproteinases (such as collagenases) and irreversibly inactivates them by binding to their catalytic zinc cofactor. May form part of a tissue-specific acute response to remodeling stimuli. Known to act on MMP-1, MMP-2, MMP-3, MMP-7, MMP-9, MMP-13, MMP-14 and MMP-15.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in TIMP3 are the cause of Sorsby fundus dystrophy (SFD) [MIM:136900]. SFD is a rare autosomal dominant macular disorder with an age of onset in the fourth decade. It is characterized by loss of central vision from subretinal neovascularization and atrophy of the ocular tissues. Generally, macular disciform degeneration develops in the patients eye within 6 months to 6 years.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protease inhibitor I35 (TIMP) family.
Contains 1 NTR domain.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
ab119608 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Lurins J et al. Impact of several proinflammatory and cell degradation factors in patients with aortic valve stenosis. Exp Ther Med 17:2433-2442 (2019). PubMed: 30906430
- Krogh Nielsen M et al. Imbalances in tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases differentiate choroidal neovascularization from geographic atrophy. Acta Ophthalmol 97:84-90 (2019). PubMed: 30288950
- Abu El-Asrar AM et al. Differential expression and localization of human tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases in proliferative diabetic retinopathy. Acta Ophthalmol 96:e27-e37 (2018). PubMed: 28391660
- Bonotti A et al. A Novel Panel of Serum Biomarkers for MPM Diagnosis. Dis Markers 2017:3510984 (2017). PubMed: 28348450
- Graney PL et al. In vitro response of macrophages to ceramic scaffolds used for bone regeneration. J R Soc Interface 13:N/A (2016). PubMed: 27466438
- Cheng KS et al. Circulating matrix metalloproteinase-2 and -9 enzyme activities in the children with ventricular septal defect. Int J Biol Sci 9:557-63 (2013). Human . PubMed: 23847438