Product nameHuman TIMP3 peptide
See all TIMP3 proteins and peptides
Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab95426 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
FunctionComplexes with metalloproteinases (such as collagenases) and irreversibly inactivates them by binding to their catalytic zinc cofactor. May form part of a tissue-specific acute response to remodeling stimuli. Known to act on MMP-1, MMP-2, MMP-3, MMP-7, MMP-9, MMP-13, MMP-14 and MMP-15.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in TIMP3 are the cause of Sorsby fundus dystrophy (SFD) [MIM:136900]. SFD is a rare autosomal dominant macular disorder with an age of onset in the fourth decade. It is characterized by loss of central vision from subretinal neovascularization and atrophy of the ocular tissues. Generally, macular disciform degeneration develops in the patients eye within 6 months to 6 years.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protease inhibitor I35 (TIMP) family.
Contains 1 NTR domain.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab95426 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.