Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 20 pg/ml
- Range: 12.5 pg/ml - 100 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture extracts, Plasma, Serum, Tissue
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman Tissue Factor ELISA Kit (CD142)
See all Tissue Factor kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 5.1% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 9.8%
Sample typeSerum, Plasma, Cell culture extracts, Tissue
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity= 20 pg/ml
Range12.5 pg/ml - 100 pg/ml
Assay time5h 00m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s Tissue Factor (CD142) Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of Tissue Factor concentrations in plasma, serum, tissue extracts and cell culture supernatants.
A Tissue Factor specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently a Tissue Factor specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of Tissue Factor captured in plate.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for long term storage before reconstitution - Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml 50X Biotinylated Human Tissue Factor Antibody 1 x 120µl Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 12ml Tissue Factor Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit Tissue Factor Standard 1 vial
FunctionInitiates blood coagulation by forming a complex with circulating factor VII or VIIa. The [TF:VIIa] complex activates factors IX or X by specific limited protolysis. TF plays a role in normal hemostasis by initiating the cell-surface assembly and propagation of the coagulation protease cascade.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tissue factor family.
- Information by UniProt
- CD142 antigen
- Coagulation factor III
ab108903 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Namachivayam K et al. Targeted inhibition of thrombin attenuates murine neonatal necrotizing enterocolitis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 117:10958-10969 (2020). PubMed: 32366656
- Albert V et al. Early posttraumatic changes in coagulation and fibrinolysis systems in isolated severe traumatic brain injury patients and its influence on immediate outcome. Hematol Oncol Stem Cell Ther 12:32-43 (2019). PubMed: 30291825
- Vieira ML et al. Modulation of Hemostatic and Inflammatory Responses by Leptospira Spp. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 10:e0004713 (2016). PubMed: 27167223
- Abu El-Asrar AM et al. Coexpression of heparanase activity, cathepsin L, tissue factor, tissue factor pathway inhibitor, and MMP-9 in proliferative diabetic retinopathy. Mol Vis 22:424-35 (2016). PubMed: 27168718
- Park MY et al. Biomarkers of kidney injury and klotho in patients with atherosclerotic renovascular disease. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 10:443-51 (2015). Sandwich ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 25542906