Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 0.12 ng/ml
- Range: 0.313 ng/ml - 20 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Milk, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman Tissue Factor Pathway Inhibitor ELISA Kit (TFPI)
See all TFPI kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4.8% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 7.4%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Milk, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity> 0.12 ng/ml
Range0.313 ng/ml - 20 ng/ml
Assay time5h 00m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s Tissue Factor Pathway Inhibitor (TFPI) Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of Tissue Factor Pathway Inhibitor concentrations in plasma, serum, milk, cerebrospinal fluid and cell culture samples.
A Tissue Factor Pathway Inhibitor specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently a Tissue Factor Pathway Inhibitor specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of Tissue Factor Pathway Inhibitor captured in plate.
Get results in 90 minutes with Human Tissue Factor Pathway Inhibitor ELISA Kit (ab188392) from our SimpleStep ELISA® range.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for long term storage before reconstitution - Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml 50X Biotinylated Human Tissue Factor Pathway Inhibitor Antibody 1 x 120µl Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 12ml Tissue Factor Pathway Inhibitor Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 x 96 units Tissue Factor Pathway Inhibitor Standard 2 vials
FunctionInhibits factor X (X(a)) directly and, in a Xa-dependent way, inhibits VIIa/tissue factor activity, presumably by forming a quaternary Xa/LACI/VIIa/TF complex. It possesses an antithrombotic action and also the ability to associate with lipoproteins in plasma.
Tissue specificityMostly in endothelial cells.
Sequence similaritiesContains 3 BPTI/Kunitz inhibitor domains.
DomainThis inhibitor contains three inhibitory domains. The first domain interacts with VIIa and TF, the second one with Xa.
- Information by UniProt
- Anti convertin
- Extrinsic pathway inhibitor
ab108904 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Martínez González J et al. Bioequivalence of a biosimilar enoxaparin sodium to Clexane® after single 100 mg subcutaneous dose: results of a randomized, double-blind, crossover study in healthy volunteers. Drug Des Devel Ther 12:575-582 (2018). PubMed: 29593380
- Ansell JE et al. Single-dose ciraparantag safely and completely reverses anticoagulant effects of edoxaban. Thromb Haemost 117:238-245 (2017). PubMed: 27853809
- Vieira ML et al. Modulation of Hemostatic and Inflammatory Responses by Leptospira Spp. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 10:e0004713 (2016). PubMed: 27167223
- Abu El-Asrar AM et al. Coexpression of heparanase activity, cathepsin L, tissue factor, tissue factor pathway inhibitor, and MMP-9 in proliferative diabetic retinopathy. Mol Vis 22:424-35 (2016). PubMed: 27168718
- Park MY et al. Biomarkers of kidney injury and klotho in patients with atherosclerotic renovascular disease. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 10:443-51 (2015). Sandwich ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 25542906