Product nameHuman TMEFF2 peptide
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab50025 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Cancer/testis antigen family 120 member 2
- HPP 1
FunctionMay be a survival factor for hippocampal and mesencephalic neurons. The shedded form up-regulates cancer cell proliferation, probably by promoting ERK1/2 phosphorylation.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in adult and fetal brain, spinal cord and prostate. Expressed in all brain regions except the pituitary gland, with highest levels in amygdala and corpus callosum. Expressed in the pericryptal myofibroblasts and other stromal cells of normal colonic mucosa. Expressed in prostate carcinoma. Down-regulated in colorectal cancer. Present in Alzheimer disease plaques (at protein level). Isoform 3 is expressed weakly in testis and at high levels in normal and cancerous prostate.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tomoregulin family.
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
Contains 2 Kazal-like domains.
modificationsN-glycosylated. Contains chondroitin sulfate glycosaminoglycans.
A soluble form (TMEFF2-ECD) is produced by proteolytic shedding. This shedding can be induced by phorbol ester or proinflammatory cytokines such as TNFalpha, and is mediated by ADAM17.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Membrane.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab50025 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.