Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 10 pg/ml
- Range: 25 pg/ml - 800 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman TNF alpha ELISA Kit
See all TNF alpha kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Sample 6 3.3% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Sample 6 9%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity= 10 pg/ml
Range25 pg/ml - 800 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Serum 81 74% - 90%
Assay time3h 40m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Human TNF alpha ELISA kit (ab46087) is a quantitative ELISA assay for the measurement of TNF alpha in supernatants, buffered solutions, serum and plasma samples.
A monoclonal antibody specific TNF alpha has been coated onto the wells of the microtiter strips provided. Samples, including standards of known TNF alpha concentrations, control specimens or unknowns are pipetted into these wells. During the first incubation, the standards or samples and a biotinylated monoclonal antibody specific for TNF alpha are simultaneously incubated. After washing, the enzyme Streptavidin-HRP, that binds the biotinylated antibody is added, incubated and washed. A TMB substrate solution is added which acts on the bound enzyme to induce a colored reaction product. The intensity of this colored product is directly proportional to the concentration of TNF alpha present in the samples.
This kit will recognize both endogenous and recombinant Human TNF alpha.
Get results in 90 minutes with Human TNF alpha ELISA Kit (ab181421) from our SimpleStep ELISA® range.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests 2 x 96 tests 10X Standard Diluent Buffer Black 1 x 15ml 1 x 25ml 200X Wash Buffer White 1 x 10ml 2 x 10ml Biotinylated Antibody Diluent Red 1 x 7.5ml 1 x 13ml Biotinylated anti-TNF alpha Red 1 x 400µl 2 x 400µl Chromogen TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 11ml 1 x 24ml HRP Diluent Red 1 x 12ml 1 x 23ml Plastic Plate Covers 1 x 2 units 1 x 4 units Standard Diluent (Serum) 1 x 7ml 2 x 7ml Stop Reagent Black 1 x 11ml 2 x 11ml Streptavidin-HRP 2 x 5µl 4 x 5µl TNF alpha Control Yellow 2 vials 4 vials TNF alpha Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit 2 units TNF alpha Standard 2 vials 4 vials
FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in TNF are a cause of susceptibility psoriatic arthritis (PSORAS) [MIM:607507]. PSORAS is an inflammatory, seronegative arthritis associated with psoriasis. It is a heterogeneous disorder ranging from a mild, non-destructive disease to a severe, progressive, erosive arthropathy. Five types of psoriatic arthritis have been defined: asymmetrical oligoarthritis characterized by primary involvement of the small joints of the fingers or toes; asymmetrical arthritis which involves the joints of the extremities; symmetrical polyarthritis characterized by a rheumatoidlike pattern that can involve hands, wrists, ankles, and feet; arthritis mutilans, which is a rare but deforming and destructive condition; arthritis of the sacroiliac joints and spine (psoriatic spondylitis).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
The membrane form, but not the soluble form, is phosphorylated on serine residues. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1.
O-glycosylated; glycans contain galactose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- APC1 protein
SimpleStep ELISA kits
Representative standard curve using ab46087
TNF? was measured in cell culture medium from U937 control cells, or cells stimulated with LPS (1 µg x mL-1; 6 h) or PMA (10 ng x mL-1; 24 h) with LPS and control and stimulated PBMCs (PHA 10 µg x mL-1; 3 days). Results are shown with background signal subtracted (duplicates +/- SD), with the positive control from ab46087 included.
ab46087 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Sun X et al. DNA methylation is involved in the pathogenesis of osteoarthritis by regulating CtBP expression and CtBP-mediated signaling. Int J Biol Sci 16:994-1009 (2020). PubMed: 32140068
- Son JH et al. Relationship of Microbial Profile With Airway Immune Response in Eosinophilic or Neutrophilic Inflammation of Asthmatics. Allergy Asthma Immunol Res 12:412-429 (2020). PubMed: 32141256
- Koziol K et al. Changes in ?H2AX and H4K16ac levels are involved in the biochemical response to a competitive soccer match in adolescent players. Sci Rep 10:14481 (2020). PubMed: 32879387
- Tayebi SM et al. Plasma retinol-binding protein-4 and tumor necrosis factor-a are reduced in postmenopausal women after combination of different intensities of circuit resistance training and Zataria supplementation. Sport Sci Health 15:551-558 (2019). PubMed: 31885723
- Sun T et al. Cordyceps militaris Improves Chronic Kidney Disease by Affecting TLR4/NF-?B Redox Signaling Pathway. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2019:7850863 (2019). PubMed: 31049139