Product nameHuman TNFAIP3 knockout A549 cell line
See all TNFAIP3 lysates
Parental Cell LineA549
Mutation descriptionKnockout achieved by using CRISPR/Cas9, 1 bp deletion in exon 7 and 1 bp insertion in exon 7
Knockout validationSanger Sequencing, Western Blot (WB)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Recommended control: Human wild-type A549 cell line (ab255450). Please note a wild-type cell line is not automatically included with a knockout cell line order, if required please add recommended wild-type cell line at no additional cost using the code WILDTYPE-TMTK1.
Cryopreservation cell medium: Cell Freezing Medium-DMSO Serum free media, contains 8.7% DMSO in MEM supplemented with methyl cellulose.
Culture medium: F-12K + 10% FBS
Initial handling guidelines: Upon arrival, the vial should be stored in liquid nitrogen vapor phase and not at -80ºC. Storage at -80ºC may result in loss of viability.
1. Thaw the vial in 37ºC water bath approximately 1-2 minutes.
2. Transfer the cell suspension (0.8 ml) to a 15 ml/50 ml conical sterile polypropylene centrifuge tube containing 8.4 ml pre-warmed culture medium, wash vial with an additional 0.8 ml culture medium (total volume 10 ml) to collect remaining cells, and centrifuge at 201 x g (rcf) for 5 minutes at room temperature. 10 ml represents minimum recommended dilution. 20 ml represents maximum recommended dilution.
3. Resuspend the cell pellet in 5 ml pre-warmed culture medium and count using a haemocytometer (Click here to view haemocytometer protocol) or alternative cell counting method. Based on cell count, seed cells in an appropriate cell culture flask at a density of 2x104 cells/cm2. This should allow for confluency within 48 hours. Seeding density is given as a guide only and should be scaled to align with individual lab schedules.
4. Incubate the culture at 37ºC incubator with 5% CO2. Cultures should be monitored daily.
- All seeding densities should be based on cell counts gained by established methods.
- A guide seeding density of 2x104 cells/cm2 is recommended for confluency (80-90% confluence) within 48 hours.
- A partial media change 24 hours prior to subculture may be helpful to encourage growth, if required.
- Cells should be passaged when they have achieved 80-90% confluence.
This product is subject to limited use licenses from The Broad Institute, ERS Genomics Limited and Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC, and is developed with patented technology. For full details of the licenses and patents please refer to our limited use license and patent pages.
Number of cells1 x 106 cells/vial, 1 mL
STR AnalysisAmelogenin X,Y D5S818: 11 D13S317: 11 D7S820: 8, 11 D16S539: 11, 12 vWA: 14 TH01: 8,9.3 TPOX: 8,11 CSF1PO: 10, 12
Antibiotic resistancePuromycin 1.00µg/ml
Storage instructionsShipped on Dry Ice. Store in liquid nitrogen.
Storage bufferConstituents: 8.7% DMSO, 2% Cellulose, methyl ether
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
FunctionUbiquitin-editing enzyme that contains both ubiquitin ligase and deubiquitinase activities. Essential component of a ubiquitin-editing protein complex, comprising also RNF11, ITCH and TAX1BP1, that ensures the transient nature of inflammatory signaling pathways. Upon TNF stimulation, deubiquitinates 'Lys-63'-polyubiquitin chains on RIPK1 and catalyzes the formation of 'Lys-48'-polyubiquitin chains. This leads to RIPK1 proteasomal degradation and consequently termination of the TNF- or LPS-mediated activation of NF-kappa-B. In vitro able to deubiquitinate both 'Lys-48'- and 'Lys-63' polyubiquitin chains. Inhibitor of programmed cell death. Has a role in the function of the lymphoid system.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C64 family.
Contains 7 A20-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 OTU domain.
DomainThe A20-type zinc fingers mediate the ubiquitin ligase activity.
The OTU domain mediates the deubiquitinase activity.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
KO cell lysates
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab266946 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 89 kDa.|
All lanes : Anti-TNFAIP3 antibody [EPR2663] (ab92324) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Wild-type A549 cell lysate
Lane 2 : TNFAIP3 knockout A549 cell lysate
Lane 3 : Wild-type HeLa cell lysate
Lane 4 : TNFAIP3 knockout HeLa cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 89 kDa
Observed band size: 90 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab92324 was shown to react with TNFAIP3 in wild-type A549 cells in western blot. Loss of signal was observed when knockout cell line ab266946 (knockout cell lysate ab257114) was used. Wild-type A549 and TNFAIP3 knockout A549 cell lysates were subjected to SDS-PAGE. Membrane was blocked for 1 hour at room temperature in 0.1% TBST with 3% non-fat dried milk. ab92324 and Anti-GAPDH antibody [6C5] - Loading Control (ab8245) overnight at 4°C at a 1 in 1000 dilution and a 1 in 20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye®800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye®680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1 in 20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Allele-1: 1 bp deletion in exon7
Allele-2: 1 bp insertion in exon 7.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab266946 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.