Product nameHuman Transferrin peptide
See all Transferrin proteins and peptides
Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab98288 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Beta 1 metal binding globulin
- Beta-1 metal-binding globulin
FunctionTransferrins are iron binding transport proteins which can bind two Fe(3+) ions in association with the binding of an anion, usually bicarbonate. It is responsible for the transport of iron from sites of absorption and heme degradation to those of storage and utilization. Serum transferrin may also have a further role in stimulating cell proliferation.
Tissue specificityExpressed by the liver and secreted in plasma.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in TF are the cause of atransferrinemia (ATRAF) [MIM:209300]. Atransferrinemia is rare autosomal recessive disorder characterized by iron overload and hypochromic anemia.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transferrin family.
Contains 2 transferrin-like domains.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab98288 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.