Product nameHuman Tyrosine Hydroxylase peptide
See all Tyrosine Hydroxylase proteins and peptides
Amino Acid Sequence
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab41527 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-Tyrosine Hydroxylase antibody - Neuronal Marker (ab41528)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Dystonia 14
FunctionPlays an important role in the physiology of adrenergic neurons.
Tissue specificityMainly expressed in the brain and adrenal glands.
PathwayCatecholamine biosynthesis; dopamine biosynthesis; dopamine from L-tyrosine: step 1/2.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in TH are the cause of dystonia DOPA-responsive autosomal recessive (ARDRD) [MIM:605407]; also known as autosomal recessive Segawa syndrome. ARDRD is a form of DOPA-responsive dystonia presenting in infancy or early childhood. Dystonia is defined by the presence of sustained involuntary muscle contractions, often leading to abnormal postures. Some cases of ARDRD present with parkinsonian symptoms in infancy. Unlike all other forms of dystonia, it is an eminently treatable condition, due to a favorable response to L-DOPA.
Note=May play a role in the pathogenesis of Parkinson disease (PD). A genome-wide copy number variation analysis has identified a 34 kilobase deletion over the TH gene in a PD patient but not in any controls.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the biopterin-dependent aromatic amino acid hydroxylase family.
- Information by UniProt