Product nameHuman UBE2I / UBC9 peptide
See all UBE2I / UBC9 proteins and peptides
Amino Acid Sequence
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab30700 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- SUMO 1 protein ligase
FunctionAccepts the ubiquitin-like proteins SUMO1, SUMO2, SUMO3 and SUMO4 from the UBLE1A-UBLE1B E1 complex and catalyzes their covalent attachment to other proteins with the help of an E3 ligase such as RANBP2 or CBX4. Necessary for sumoylation of FOXL2 and KAT5. Essential for nuclear architecture and chromosome segregation.
Tissue specificityExpressed in heart, skeletal muscle, pancreas, kidney, liver, lung, placenta and brain. Also expressed in testis and thymus.
PathwayProtein modification; protein sumoylation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme family.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Mainly nuclear. In spermatocytes, localizes in synaptonemal complexes. Recruited by BCL11A into the nuclear body.
- Information by UniProt
ab30700 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.