Product nameHuman UBE2K (HIP2/LIG) knockout HCT116 cell line
See all HIP2/LIG lysates
Parental Cell LineHCT116
Mutation descriptionKnockout achieved by using CRISPR/Cas9, Homozygous: Insertion of the selection cassette in exon 1
Knockout validationSanger Sequencing, Western Blot (WB)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Recommended control: Human wild-type HCT116 cell line (ab255451). Please note a wild-type cell line is not automatically included with a knockout cell line order, if required please add recommended wild-type cell line at no additional cost using the code WILDTYPE-TMTK1.
Cryopreservation cell medium: Cell Freezing Medium-DMSO Serum free media, contains 8.7% DMSO in MEM supplemented with methyl cellulose.
Culture medium: McCoY5a + 10% FBS
Initial handling guidelines: Upon arrival, the vial should be stored in liquid nitrogen vapor phase and not at -80ºC. Storage at -80ºC may result in loss of viability.
1. Thaw the vial in 37ºC water bath approximately 1-2 minutes.
2. Transfer the cell suspension (0.8 ml) to a 15 ml/50 ml conical sterile polypropylene centrifuge tube containing 8.4 ml pre-warmed culture medium, wash vial with an additional 0.8 ml culture medium (total volume 10 ml) to collect remaining cells, and centrifuge at 201 x g (rcf) for 5 minutes at room temperature. 10 ml represents minimum recommended dilution. 20 ml represents maximum recommended dilution.
3. Resuspend the cell pellet in 5 ml pre-warmed culture medium and count using a haemocytometer (Click here to view haemocytometer protocol) or alternative cell counting method. Based on cell count, seed cells in an appropriate cell culture flask at a density of 2x104 cells/cm2. This should allow for confluency within 48 hours. Seeding density is given as a guide only and should be scaled to align with individual lab schedules.
4. Incubate the culture at 37ºC incubator with 5% CO2. Cultures should be monitored daily.
- All seeding densities should be based on cell counts gained by established methods.
- A guide seeding density of 2x104 cells/cm2 is recommended for confluency (80-90% confluence) within 48 hours.
- A partial media change 24 hours prior to subculture may be helpful to encourage growth, if required.
- Cells should be passaged when they have achieved 80-90% confluence.
This product is subject to limited use licenses from The Broad Institute, ERS Genomics Limited and Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC, and is developed with patented technology. For full details of the licenses and patents please refer to our limited use license and patent pages.
Number of cells1 x 106 cells/vial, 1 mL
STR AnalysisAmelogenin X D5S818: 10, 11 D13S317: 10, 12 D7S820: 11, 12 D16S539: 11, 13 vWA: 17, 22 TH01: 8,9 TPOX: 8, 9 CSF1PO: 7, 10
Storage instructionsShipped on Dry Ice. Store in liquid nitrogen.
Storage bufferConstituents: 8.7% DMSO, 2% Cellulose, methyl ether
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
FunctionAccepts ubiquitin from the E1 complex and catalyzes its covalent attachment to other proteins. In vitro, in the presence or in the absence of BRCA1-BARD1 E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase complex, catalyzes the synthesis of 'Lys-48'-linked polyubiquitin chains. Does not transfer ubiquitin directly to but elongates monoubiquitinated substrate protein. Mediates the selective degradation of short-lived and abnormal proteins, such as the endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation (ERAD) of misfolded lumenal proteins. Ubiquitinates huntingtin. May mediate foam cell formation by the suppression of apoptosis of lipid-bearing macrophages through ubiquitination and subsequence degradation of p53/TP53. Proposed to be involved in ubiquitination and proteolytic processing of NF-kappa-B; in vitro supports ubiquitination of NFKB1. In case of infection by cytomegaloviruses may be involved in the US11-dependent degradation of MHC class I heavy chains following their export from the ER to the cytosol. In case of viral infections may be involved in the HPV E7 protein-dependent degradation of RB1.
Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues tested, including spleen, thymus, prostate, testis, ovary, small intestine, colon, peripheral blood leukocytes, T-lymphocytes, monocytes, granulocytes and bone marrow mononuclear cells. Highly expressed in brain, with highest levels found in cortex and striatum and at lower levels in cerebellum and brainstem.
PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme family.
Contains 1 UBA domain.
modificationsSumoylation at Lys-14 impairs catalytic activity.
- Information by UniProt
KO cell lysates
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab266899 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa.|
All lanes : Anti-HIP2/LIG antibody [EP1145Y] (ab52930) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Wild-type HCT116 cell lysate
Lane 2 : UBE2K knockout HCT116 cell lysate
Lane 3 : Daudi cell lysate
Lane 4 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) at 1/10000 dilution
Predicted band size: 22 kDa
ab52930 Anti-HIP2/LIG antibody [EP1145Y] was shown to specifically react with HIP2/LIG in wild-type HCT116 cells. Loss of signal was observed when knockout cell line ab266899 (knockout cell lysate ab257779) was used. Wild-type and HIP2/LIG knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab52930 and Anti-GAPDH antibody [6C5] - Loading Control (ab8245) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 1 in 1000 dilution and 1 in 20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1 in 20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Homozygous: Insertion of the selection cassette in exon1
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab266899 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.