Product nameHuman VEGFC peptide
See all VEGFC proteins and peptides
Purity70 - 90% by HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab97415 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Flt 4L
- Flt4 ligand
- FLT4 ligand DHM
FunctionGrowth factor active in angiogenesis, and endothelial cell growth, stimulating their proliferation and migration and also has effects on the permeability of blood vessels. May function in angiogenesis of the venous and lymphatic vascular systems during embryogenesis, and also in the maintenance of differentiated lymphatic endothelium in adults. Binds and activates VEGFR-2 (KDR/FLK1) and VEGFR-3 (FLT4) receptors.
Tissue specificitySpleen, lymph node, thymus, appendix, bone marrow, heart, placenta, ovary, skeletal muscle, prostate, testis, colon and small intestine and fetal liver, lung and kidney, but not in peripheral blood lymphocyte.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PDGF/VEGF growth factor family.
modificationsUndergoes a complex proteolytic maturation which generates a variety of processed secreted forms with increased activity toward VEGFR-3, but only the fully processed form could activate VEGFR-2. VEGF-C first form an antiparallel homodimer linked by disulfide bonds. Before secretion, a cleavage occurs between Arg-227 and Ser-228 producing an heterotetramer. The next extracellular step of the processing removes the N-terminal propeptide. Finally the mature VEGF-C is composed mostly of two VEGF homology domains (VHDs) bound by non-covalent interactions.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab97415 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Wang C et al. Lysyl Oxidase-Like Protein 2 Promotes Tumor Lymphangiogenesis and Lymph Node Metastasis in Breast Cancer. Neoplasia 21:413-427 (2019). PubMed: 30925417