Product nameHuman WNK1 peptide
See all WNK1 proteins and peptides
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab36094 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Erythrocyte 65 kDa protein
FunctionSerine/threonine kinase which plays an important role in the regulation of electrolyte homeostasis, cell signaling, survival, and proliferation. Acts as an activator and inhibitor of sodium-coupled chloride cotransporters and potassium-coupled chloride cotransporters respectively. Activates SCNN1A, SCNN1B, SCNN1D and SGK1. Controls sodium and chloride ion transport by inhibiting the activity of WNK4, by either phosphorylating the kinase or via an interaction between WNK4 and the autoinhibitory domain of WNK1. WNK4 regulates the activity of the thiazide-sensitive Na-Cl cotransporter, SLC12A3, by phosphorylation. WNK1 may also play a role in actin cytoskeletal reorganization. Phosphorylates NEDD4L. Acts as a scaffold to inhibit SLC4A4, SLC26A6 as well as CFTR activities and surface expression, recruits STK39 which mediates the inhibition.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed, with highest levels observed in the testis, heart, kidney and skeletal muscle. Isoform 3 is kidney-specific and specifically expressed in the distal convoluted tubule (DCT) and connecting tubule (CNT) of the nephron.
Involvement in diseasePseudohypoaldosteronism 2C
Neuropathy, hereditary sensory and autonomic, 2A
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. WNK subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Ubiquitinated in vitro by the BCR(KLHL3) complex and in vivo by a BCR(KLHL2) complex, leading to proteasomal degradation.
- Information by UniProt
ab36094 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.