Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to hUPF2/RENT2 - C-terminal
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-hUPF2/RENT2 antibody - C-terminal
See all hUPF2/RENT2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to hUPF2/RENT2 - C-terminal
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Xenopus laevis, Xenopus tropicalis
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region within C terminal amino acids 1200-1272 of Human hUPF2/RENT2.
- Mouse brain whole cell lysate; HeLa cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 1.21% Tris, 0.75% Glycine, 20% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab153830 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 148 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/1000.|
FunctionPart of a post-splicing multiprotein complex involved in both mRNA nuclear export and mRNA surveillance. Involved in nonsense-mediated decay (NMD) of mRNAs containing premature stop codons. Binds spliced mRNA.
Sequence similaritiesContains 3 MIF4G domains.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > perinuclear region.
- Information by UniProt
- DKFZp434D222 antibody
- hUpf2 antibody
- KIAA1408 antibody
Anti-hUPF2/RENT2 antibody - C-terminal (ab153830) at 1/1000 dilution + Mouse brain whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 148 kDa
5% SDS PAGE
Immunofluorescent analysis of methanol-fixed HeLa cells labeling hUPF2/RENT2 with ab153830 at 1/500 dilution. Lower panel shows co-staining with Hoechst 33342.
ab153830 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Berner D et al. Posttranscriptional Regulation of LOXL1 Expression Via Alternative Splicing and Nonsense-Mediated mRNA Decay as an Adaptive Stress Response. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 58:5930-5940 (2017). PubMed: 29164236
- Bao J et al. UPF2-Dependent Nonsense-Mediated mRNA Decay Pathway Is Essential for Spermatogenesis by Selectively Eliminating Longer 3'UTR Transcripts. PLoS Genet 12:e1005863 (2016). Mouse . PubMed: 27149259