Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to HuR / ELAVL1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-HuR / ELAVL1 antibody
See all HuR / ELAVL1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HuR / ELAVL1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Chicken, Cow
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human HuR/ ELAVL1 aa 1-100 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28660 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 36 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa). Another band of approximately 52 kDa is also detected, we are unsure as the identity of this band.|
FunctionInvolved in 3'-UTR ARE-mediated MYC stabilization. Binds avidly to the AU-rich element in FOS and IL3/interleukin-3 mRNAs. In the case of the FOS AU-rich element, HUR binds to a core element of 27 nucleotides that contain AUUUA, AUUUUA and AUUUUUA motifs.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the RRM elav family.
Contains 3 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domains.
modificationsMethylated at Arg-217 by CARM1 in macrophages in response to LPS challenge.
- Information by UniProt
- ELAV (embryonic lethal abnormal vision Drosophila) like 1 antibody
- ELAV (embryonic lethal, abnormal vision, Drosophila) like 1 (Hu antigen R) antibody
- ELAV like 1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-HuR / ELAVL1 antibody (ab28660) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 :
Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899)
Lane 3 :
A431 whole cell lysate (ab7909)
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 680) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 36 kDa
Observed band size: 36 kDa
Additional bands at: 52 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab28660 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Green LC et al. Human antigen R as a therapeutic target in pathological cardiac hypertrophy. JCI Insight 4:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30668549
- Wang F et al. The RNA-binding protein QKI5 regulates primary miR-124-1 processing via a distal RNA motif during erythropoiesis. Cell Res 27:416-439 (2017). PubMed: 28244490
- Workman E et al. U1A regulates 3' processing of the survival motor neuron mRNA. J Biol Chem 289:3703-12 (2014). PubMed: 24362020