Product nameAnti-HuR / ELAVL1 antibody
See all HuR / ELAVL1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HuR / ELAVL1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-FoFr, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Chicken, Cow
- HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate, Jurkat(Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate and A431 (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS. pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28660 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 36 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa). Another band of approximately 52 kDa is also detected, we are unsure as the identity of this band.|
FunctionInvolved in 3'-UTR ARE-mediated MYC stabilization. Binds avidly to the AU-rich element in FOS and IL3/interleukin-3 mRNAs. In the case of the FOS AU-rich element, HUR binds to a core element of 27 nucleotides that contain AUUUA, AUUUUA and AUUUUUA motifs.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the RRM elav family.
Contains 3 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domains.
modificationsMethylated at Arg-217 by CARM1 in macrophages in response to LPS challenge.
- Information by UniProt
- ELAV (embryonic lethal abnormal vision Drosophila) like 1 antibody
- ELAV (embryonic lethal, abnormal vision, Drosophila) like 1 (Hu antigen R) antibody
- ELAV like 1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-HuR / ELAVL1 antibody (ab28660) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 :
Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899)
Lane 3 :
A431 whole cell lysate (ab7909)
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 680) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 36 kDa
Observed band size: 36 kDa
Additional bands at: 52 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
This product has been referenced in:
- Green LC et al. Human antigen R as a therapeutic target in pathological cardiac hypertrophy. JCI Insight 4:N/A (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30668549) »
- Wang F et al. The RNA-binding protein QKI5 regulates primary miR-124-1 processing via a distal RNA motif during erythropoiesis. Cell Res 27:416-439 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28244490) »