Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to HYAL2
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-HYAL2 antibody
See all HYAL2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HYAL2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Dog, Pig, Chimpanzee
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human HYAL2 aa 1-100 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68608 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 54 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionHydrolyzes high molecular weight hyaluronic acid to produce an intermediate-sized product which is further hydrolyzed by sperm hyaluronidase to give small oligosaccharides. Displays very low levels of activity. Associates with and negatively regulates MST1R.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed. No expression detected in adult brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glycosyl hydrolase 56 family.
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Hyal 2 antibody
- Hyal-2 antibody
- Hyal2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-HYAL2 antibody (ab68608) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Liver (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lane 2 : Liver (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : JEG-3 (Human placental choriocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : Human thymus tissue lysate - total protein (ab30146)
Lane 5 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 6 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 7 :
Raji whole cell lysate (ab30124)
Lane 8 :
SW480 whole cell lysate (ab3957)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 54 kDa
Observed band size: 50 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 40 kDa, 54 kDa (possible isoform), 58 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab68608 staining HYAL2 in JEG3 cells. The cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab68608 at 1ug/ml and ab7291 (Mouse monoclonal to alpha Tubulin - Loading Control) used at a 1/1000 dilution overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibodies were ab150081, Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (Alexa Fluor® 488) preadsorbed, (pseudo-colored green) and ab150120, Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Mouse IgG - H&L (Alexa Fluor® 594) preadsorbed, (colored red), both used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (colored blue) at a concentration of 1.43 µM for 1hour at room temperature.
ab68608 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Knudtson JF et al. The Hyaluronic Acid System is Intact in Menstrual Endometrial Cells in Women With and Without Endometriosis. Reprod Sci 26:109-113 (2019). PubMed: 29621955
- Yang H et al. Berberine inhibits low shear stress-induced glycocalyx degradation via modulating AMPK and p47phox/Hyal2 signal pathway. Eur J Pharmacol 856:172413 (2019). PubMed: 31152700
- Yang H et al. Hyaluronidase2 (Hyal2) modulates low shear stress-induced glycocalyx impairment via the LKB1/AMPK/NADPH oxidase-dependent pathway. J Cell Physiol 233:9701-9715 (2018). PubMed: 30078213
- Amofa D et al. Hypoxia promotes primitive glycosaminoglycan-rich extracellular matrix composition in developing heart valves. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 313:H1143-H1154 (2017). PubMed: 28842437
- Modelski MJ et al. Hyaluronidase 2: a novel germ cell hyaluronidase with epididymal expression and functional roles in mammalian sperm. Biol Reprod 91:109 (2014). PubMed: 25232017
- Siponen M et al. Altered expression of hyaluronan, HAS1-2, and HYAL1-2 in oral lichen planus. J Oral Pathol Med N/A:N/A (2014). PubMed: 25421996
- Bugiani M et al. Hyaluronan accumulation and arrested oligodendrocyte progenitor maturation in vanishing white matter disease. Brain 136:209-22 (2013). IHC-Fr ; Human . PubMed: 23365098
- Siiskonen H et al. Inverse expression of hyaluronidase 2 and hyaluronan synthases 1-3 is associated with reduced hyaluronan content in malignant cutaneous melanoma. BMC Cancer 13:181 (2013). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 23560496
- Andre B et al. Hyal2 is a glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored, lipid raft-associated hyaluronidase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 411:175-9 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21740893