Product nameHydrogen Peroxide Assay Kit
See all Hydrogen Peroxide kits
Sample typeUrine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts, Cell Lysate, Cell culture media
Sensitivity> 0.04 µM
Assay time1h 00m
Hydrogen Peroxide Assay Kit ab102500 is a highly sensitive, simple, direct and HTS-ready colorimetric and fluorometric assay for measuring H2O2 in biological samples.
In the hydrogen peroxide assay protocol, horse radish peroxidase (HRP) reacts with a probe and H2O2 to produce a product with color (λmax = 570 nm) and red-fluorescence (Ex/Em=535/587 nm).
The detection limit is 2 pmol per assay (or 40 nM concentration) of H2O2 in the sensitive fluorometric assay.
Hydrogen peroxide assay protocol summary:
- add standards and samples to wells
- add reaction mix and incubate for 10 min
- analyze with microplate reader
The kit can perform 200 reactions by fluorometric method or 100 reactions by colorimetric method.
Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) is a reactive oxygen metabolic byproduct that serves as a key regulator for a number of oxidative stress-related states. Functioning through NF-kappaB and other factors, hydroperoxide-mediated pathways have been linked to asthma, inflammatory arthritis, atherosclerosis, diabetic vasculopathy, osteoporosis, neuro-degenerative diseases, Down's syndrome and immune system diseases.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 200 tests H2O2 Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml H2O2 Standard Yellow 1 x 0.1ml HRP Green 1 unit OxiRed Probe Red 1 x 200µl
RelevanceHydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) is a reactive oxygen metabolic byproduct that serves as a key regulator for a number of oxidative stress-related states. Functioning through NF-kB and other factors, hydroperoxide-mediated pathways have been linked to asthma, inflammatory arthritis, atherosclerosis, diabetic vasculopathy, osteoporosis, neuro-degenerative diseases, Down’s syndrome and immune system diseases.
H2O2 neutralization of of Bursaphelenchus sp. isolates (high virulence B. xylophilus Ka4 and B. xylophilus T4, and low virulence B. xylophilus C14-5 and B. mucronatus Un1) after 24 hours exposition to H2O2.
Error bars represent standard deviation. Different letters above the columns indicate significant differences (p < 0.05) between Bursaphelenchus sp. isolates H2O2 neutralization, according to post-hoc Duncan's test.
H2O2 Fluorimetric Standard Curve
H2O2 Colorimetric Standard Curve
ab102500 has been referenced in 28 publications.
- Feelisch M et al. Long-lasting blood pressure lowering effects of nitrite are NO-independent and mediated by hydrogen peroxide, persulfides, and oxidation of protein kinase G1a redox signalling. Cardiovasc Res 116:51-62 (2020). PubMed: 31372656
- Grieco G et al. Class III PI3K Vps34 Controls Thyroid Hormone Production by Regulating Thyroglobulin Iodination, Lysosomal Proteolysis, and Tissue Homeostasis. Thyroid 30:133-146 (2020). PubMed: 31650902
- Crawford MS et al. A novel organic mineral complex prevented high fat diet-induced hyperglycemia, endotoxemia, liver injury and endothelial dysfunction in young male Sprague-Dawley rats. PLoS One 14:e0221392 (2019). PubMed: 31449541
- Hong EY et al. Inhibitory Effects of Roseoside and Icariside E4 Isolated from a Natural Product Mixture (No-ap) on the Expression of Angiotensin II Receptor 1 and Oxidative Stress in Angiotensin II-Stimulated H9C2 Cells. Molecules 24:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30678135
- Guan F et al. New Molecular Mechanism Underlying Myc-Mediated Cytochrome P450 2E1 Upregulation in Apoptosis and Energy Metabolism in the Myocardium. J Am Heart Assoc 8:e009871 (2019). PubMed: 30563421