Key features and details
- Assay type: Quantitative
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Assay time: 1 hr
- Sample type: Cell culture media, Cell Lysate, Other biological fluids, Plasma, Serum, Tissue Extracts, Urine
- Sensitivity: 0.04 µM
Product nameHydrogen Peroxide Assay Kit
See all Hydrogen Peroxide kits
Sample typeUrine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts, Cell Lysate, Cell culture media
Sensitivity> 0.04 µM
Assay time1h 00m
Hydrogen Peroxide Assay Kit ab102500 is a highly sensitive, simple, direct and HTS-ready colorimetric and fluorometric assay for measuring H2O2 in biological samples.
In the hydrogen peroxide assay protocol, horse radish peroxidase (HRP) reacts with a probe and H2O2 to produce a product with color (λmax = 570 nm) and red-fluorescence (Ex/Em=535/587 nm).
The detection limit is 2 pmol per assay (or 40 nM concentration) of H2O2 in the sensitive fluorometric assay.
Hydrogen peroxide assay protocol summary:
- add standards and samples to wells
- add reaction mix and incubate for 10 min
- analyze with microplate reader
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called K265 Hydrogen Peroxide Colorimetric/Fluorometric Assay Kit. K265-200 is the same size as the 200 test size of ab102500.
The kit can perform 200 reactions by fluorometric method or 100 reactions by colorimetric method.
Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) is a reactive oxygen metabolic byproduct that serves as a key regulator for a number of oxidative stress-related states. Functioning through NF-kappaB and other factors, hydroperoxide-mediated pathways have been linked to asthma, inflammatory arthritis, atherosclerosis, diabetic vasculopathy, osteoporosis, neuro-degenerative diseases, Down's syndrome and immune system diseases.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 200 tests H2O2 Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml H2O2 Standard Yellow 1 x 0.1ml HRP Green 1 unit OxiRed Probe Red 1 x 200µl
RelevanceHydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) is a reactive oxygen metabolic byproduct that serves as a key regulator for a number of oxidative stress-related states. Functioning through NF-kB and other factors, hydroperoxide-mediated pathways have been linked to asthma, inflammatory arthritis, atherosclerosis, diabetic vasculopathy, osteoporosis, neuro-degenerative diseases, Down’s syndrome and immune system diseases.
H2O2 neutralization of of Bursaphelenchus sp. isolates (high virulence B. xylophilus Ka4 and B. xylophilus T4, and low virulence B. xylophilus C14-5 and B. mucronatus Un1) after 24 hours exposition to H2O2.
Error bars represent standard deviation. Different letters above the columns indicate significant differences (p < 0.05) between Bursaphelenchus sp. isolates H2O2 neutralization, according to post-hoc Duncan's test.
H2O2 Fluorimetric Standard Curve
H2O2 Colorimetric Standard Curve
ab102500 has been referenced in 45 publications.
- Chin TY et al. Antioxidative effect of DJ-1 is enhanced in NG108-15 cells by DPMQ-induced copper influx. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 320:C635-C651 (2021). PubMed: 33356946
- Choi HI et al. Effects of Acute and Chronic Gamma Irradiation on the Cell Biology and Physiology of Rice Plants. Plants (Basel) 10:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33669039
- Shi J et al. Dexmedetomidine ameliorates endotoxin-induced acute lung injury in vivo and in vitro by preserving mitochondrial dynamic equilibrium through the HIF-1a/HO-1 signaling pathway. Redox Biol 41:101954 (2021). PubMed: 33774474
- Oguz E et al. Effect of lycopene on As2O3 induced oxidative stress in SH-SY5Y cells. Mol Biol Rep 48:3205-3212 (2021). PubMed: 33948854
- Tang KT et al. Kurarinone Attenuates Collagen-Induced Arthritis in Mice by Inhibiting Th1/Th17 Cell Responses and Oxidative Stress. Int J Mol Sci 22:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33924467