Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Hydroxyproline
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, WB
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Hydroxyproline antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Hydroxyproline
SpecificityThis antibody targets conjugated Trans-Hydroxyproline, it does not recognize free Trans-Hydroxyproline.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Hydroxyproline conjugated to bovine serum albumin.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferConstituents: 50% Glycerol, ddH20
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesAntibody is purified via a salt cut, and then BSA antibodies are pre-adsorbed away. Antisera antibody was lyophilized and then reconstituted in buffer.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab37067 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceHydroxyproline, a non-essential amino acid derived from proline, with no known therapeutic use. Hydroxproline is used as a major component of structural protiens such as collagen, connective tissues, plant cell walls, tendons and ligaments and provides skin elasticity. Vitiman C is required for the conversion process from proline to hydroxyproline, a deficincy in vitiman C can lead to defects in collagen synthesis, thus, resulting in easy bruising, internal bleeding, breakdown of connective tissue of the ligaments and tendons, and increased risk to blood vessel damage. An unusual feature of this amino acid is that, it is not incorporated into collagen during biosynthesis at the ribosomal level, but is formed from proline by a posttranslational modification by an enzymatic hydroxylation reaction.
Anti-Hydroxyproline antibody (ab37067) at 1/500 dilution + lysate prepared from HEK293T cells at 1 µg
HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit polyclonal at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size: 90 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 2 minutes
WT flag tagged HIF1a was transfected into HEK293T cells. After 48 hours cells were treated with MG132 or DMSO for 6 hours. Cell lysates were subjected to Immunoprecipitation. Samples were separated in SDS-PAGE for Western blotting.Negative control: Flag tagged HIF1a mutant (Proline mutants).
ab37067 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Zurlo G et al. Prolyl hydroxylase substrate adenylosuccinate lyase is an oncogenic driver in triple negative breast cancer. Nat Commun 10:5177 (2019). PubMed: 31729379
- Casciello F et al. G9a drives hypoxia-mediated gene repression for breast cancer cell survival and tumorigenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 114:7077-7082 (2017). PubMed: 28630300
- Ullah K et al. Hypoxia-inducible factor prolyl-4-hydroxylase-1 is a convergent point in the reciprocal negative regulation of NF-?B and p53 signaling pathways. Sci Rep 7:17220 (2017). WB . PubMed: 29222481
- Lee SB et al. An ID2-dependent mechanism for VHL inactivation in cancer. Nature 529:172-7 (2016). PubMed: 26735018
- Luo W et al. PHD3-mediated prolyl hydroxylation of nonmuscle actin impairs polymerization and cell motility. Mol Biol Cell 25:2788-96 (2014). WB . PubMed: 25079693
- Jung IH et al. Novel Application of Human Periodontal Ligament Stem Cells and Water-Soluble Chitin for Collagen Tissue Regeneration: In Vitro and In Vivo Investigations. Tissue Eng Part A : (2011). WB . PubMed: 21981356