Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [15.2] to ICAM1
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-ICAM1 antibody [15.2]
See all ICAM1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [15.2] to ICAM1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, IPmore details
Unsuitable for: IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- WB: SK N BE, Saos-2 and HT1080 whole cell lysate. Flow Cytometry: HK-2 cells stimulated with TGF-beta1. IHC: Human amniotic membrane tissues.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze. Store undiluted.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.14% Monobasic dihydrogen sodium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesThis purified format is guaranteed to be >90% pure as determined by SDS-PAGE analysis.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab20 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 58 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionICAM proteins are ligands for the leukocyte adhesion protein LFA-1 (integrin alpha-L/beta-2). During leukocyte trans-endothelial migration, ICAM1 engagement promotes the assembly of endothelial apical cups through ARHGEF26/SGEF and RHOG activation. In case of rhinovirus infection acts as a cellular receptor for the virus.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily. ICAM family.
Contains 5 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
modificationsMonoubiquitinated, which is promoted by MARCH9 and leads to endocytosis.
- Information by UniProt
- Antigen identified by monoclonal antibody BB2 antibody
- BB 2 antibody
- BB2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-ICAM1 antibody [15.2] (ab20) at 5 µg/ml
Lane 1 : SK N BE (Human neuroblastoma) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : Saos-2 (Human epithelial-like osteosarcoma cell line) whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : HT1080 (Human fibrosarcoma) whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Mouse IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size: 58 kDa
Observed band size: 58 kDa
Expression of proteins with functions involved in ocular disease and wound healing in AM substrates.
Proteins detected include growth factors and biomarkers (A) cell adhesion, cytokine and angiogenesis markers (B) metalloproteases and (C) neurotrophic factors (D). The collective pattern in staining demonstrates comparable levels of expression in trehalose and raffinose treated AM compared to fresh and increased expression compared to cryopreserved AM. Positive staining is represented as green or yellow and AEC nuclei were counterstained with DAPI (blue). Images shown are representative of triplicate experiments carried out on three donor membranes. Scale bar, 100 µm.
ICAM-1 expression on HK-2 cells.
HK-2 cells (Mock) and HK-2 cells stimulated with TGF-β1 (10.0, 1.0 and 0.1 ng/ml) were stained with ab20 and isotype control mAb (A). HK-2 cells (Mock) and HK-2 cells stimulated with TGF-β1 (10.0 ng/ml) were stained with ab20 and isotype control mAb at 24 hrs, 48 hrs and 72 hrs after TGF-β1 stimulation (B). Cells were analyzed by flow cytometry. Closed histogram: ICAM-1-stained cells. Dotted line: isotype control stained cells. MFI: mean fluorescence intensity.
ab20 has been referenced in 23 publications.
- Xu L et al. Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor-? Antagonizes LOX-1-Mediated Endothelial Injury by Transcriptional Activation of miR-590-5p. PPAR Res 2019:2715176 (2019). PubMed: 31354796
- Bernabeu M et al. Binding Heterogeneity of Plasmodium falciparum to Engineered 3D Brain Microvessels Is Mediated by EPCR and ICAM-1. mBio 10:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31138740
- Wu D et al. The Effects of the CXCR4 Antagonist, AMD3465, on Human Retinal Vascular Endothelial Cells (hRVECs) in a High Glucose Model of Diabetic Retinopathy. Med Sci Monit 25:6946-6954 (2019). PubMed: 31860633
- Fu C et al. Puerarin protects endothelial progenitor cells from damage of angiotensin II via activation of ERK1/2-Nrf2 signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep 17:3877-3883 (2018). PubMed: 29359784
- Wang M et al. Intercellular adhesion molecule 1 antibody-mediated mesoporous drug delivery system for targeted treatment of triple-negative breast cancer. J Colloid Interface Sci 538:630-637 (2018). PubMed: 30554096