Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1442Y] to ICAM1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-ICAM1 antibody [EP1442Y]
See all ICAM1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1442Y] to ICAM1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human ICAM1 aa 1-100 (N terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
(Peptide available as
- WB: Raji cell membrane lysate. IHC-P: Human tonsil tissue. Flow Cyt: Raji cells.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53013 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 89 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 58 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/250.|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionICAM proteins are ligands for the leukocyte adhesion protein LFA-1 (integrin alpha-L/beta-2). During leukocyte trans-endothelial migration, ICAM1 engagement promotes the assembly of endothelial apical cups through ARHGEF26/SGEF and RHOG activation. In case of rhinovirus infection acts as a cellular receptor for the virus.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily. ICAM family.
Contains 5 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
modificationsMonoubiquitinated, which is promoted by MARCH9 and leads to endocytosis.
- Information by UniProt
- Antigen identified by monoclonal antibody BB2 antibody
- BB 2 antibody
- BB2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-ICAM1 antibody [EP1442Y] (ab53013) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Ramos (Human Burkitt's lymphoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Raji (Human Burkitt's lymphoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : THP1 (Human acute monocytic leukemia cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : THP1 (Human acute monocytic leukemia cell line) + LPS Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 58 kDa
Observed band size: 100 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 20 minutes
s produced using a 10% Bis-tris gel under the MES buffer system. The gel was run at 200V for 35 minutes before being transferred onto a Nitrocellulose membrane at 30V for 70 minutes. The membrane was then blocked for an hour using 2% Bovine Serum Albumin before being incubated with ab53013 overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was detected using an anti-rabbit antibody conjugated to HRP, and visualised using ECL development solution.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human tonsil tissue labelling ICAM1 with ab53013 at 1/1000. Heat mediated antigen retrieval was performed using ab93684, Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9. A ready to use HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) was used as the secondary antibody. Counterstained with hematoxylin.
Overlay histogram showing Raji cells stained with ab53013 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab53013, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H&L) (ab150077) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter. Please note that Abcam do not have any data for use of this antibody on non-fixed cells. We welcome any customer feedback.
Anti-ICAM1 antibody [EP1442Y] (ab53013) at 1/2000 dilution + Raji cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 58 kDa
Observed band size: 89 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab53013 has been referenced in 34 publications.
- Zhang W et al. Effect of PA-MSAH preprocessing on the expression of TLR-4-NF-?B pathway and inflammatory factors in the intestinal tract of rats with septic shock. Exp Ther Med 17:2567-2574 (2019). PubMed: 30906447
- Yin Z et al. Macrophage-derived exosomal microRNA-501-3p promotes progression of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma through the TGFBR3-mediated TGF-ß signaling pathway. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 38:310 (2019). PubMed: 31307515
- Li C et al. N-Acetyl-Seryl-Aspartyl-Lysyl-Proline Augments Thrombolysis of tPA (Tissue-Type Plasminogen Activator) in Aged Rats After Stroke. Stroke 50:2547-2554 (2019). PubMed: 31387512
- Ortega R et al. SGLT-2 (Sodium-Glucose Cotransporter 2) Inhibition Reduces Ang II (Angiotensin II)-Induced Dissecting Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm in ApoE (Apolipoprotein E) Knockout Mice. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 39:1614-1628 (2019). PubMed: 31294626
- Kang XQ et al. Effective targeted therapy for drug-resistant infection by ICAM-1 antibody-conjugated TPGS modified ß-Ga2O3:Cr3+ nanoparticles. Theranostics 9:2739-2753 (2019). PubMed: 31244919