Product nameAnti-ICAM1 antibody [MEM-111]
See all ICAM1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MEM-111] to ICAM1
SpecificityThis antibody reacts with human CD54 antigen.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, ELISA, WB, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt, Sandwich ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Cow, Human
Tissue/ cell preparation (Human). (Burkitt's lymphoma cell line RAJI).
- For WB it is highly recommended to use TNF-alpha activated HUVEC cells as a positive control. Sandwich ELISA: supernatant of HUVEC cell line. Indirect ELISA: endothelial cell line derived from bovine pulmonary artery. RAJI cell line,K562 leukemia cell line, JY cell line, Activated T-lymphocytes, Thymus, RE cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Purity>95% by SDS-PAGE
Light chain typeunknown
- Anti-ICAM1 antibody [EPR4776] (ab109361)
- Anti-ICAM1 antibody [EPR16608] (ab179707)
- Anti-ICAM1 antibody [EP1442Y] (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab196383)
- Anti-ICAM1 antibody [EPR19938] (ab206398)
- Anti-ICAM1 antibody [EP1442Y] - Low endotoxin, Azide free (ab221777)
- Anti-ICAM1 antibody [EPR22161-284] (ab222736)
- Anti-ICAM1 antibody [EP1442Y] (ab53013)
sELISA pair antibody
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2213 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use a concentration of 25 µg/ml. Use at a dilution of 1/1000 for Indirect ELISA, 1hr, RT. The antibody reacts with tissue - endothelial cell line derived from bovine pulmonary artery.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Use under non-reducing conditions.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.
ab170191 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|Sandwich ELISA||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Rabbit polyclonal to ICAM1 (Biotin) (ab7815).
For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Capture at 5µg/ml with ab7815 as Detection.
FunctionICAM proteins are ligands for the leukocyte adhesion protein LFA-1 (integrin alpha-L/beta-2). During leukocyte trans-endothelial migration, ICAM1 engagement promotes the assembly of endothelial apical cups through ARHGEF26/SGEF and RHOG activation. In case of rhinovirus infection acts as a cellular receptor for the virus.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily. ICAM family.
Contains 5 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
modificationsMonoubiquitinated, which is promoted by MARCH9 and leads to endocytosis.
- Information by UniProt
- Antigen identified by monoclonal antibody BB2 antibody
- BB 2 antibody
- BB2 antibody
Representative images demonstrating ICAM-1 and FAS induction by recombinant cytokines and BiTE®-activated T cells.
Immunofluorescence images showing ICAM-1 upregulation in NUGC4 cells by (A) 12.5ng/ml each IFNγ + TNFα or (B) 33 pM BiTE® (A, B, blue = nuclear stain, red = ICAM-1 staining). Representative images of SW620 cells showing upregulation of ICAM-1 by (C) 12.5ng/ml each IFNγ + TNFα or (D) BiTE®-activated T cells. Scale bar = 30 μm.
ICAM1 was detected with ab2213.
(After Figure S5 of Ross et al).
All lanes : Anti-ICAM1 antibody [MEM-111] (ab2213)
Lane 1 : TNF-alpha activated HUVEC cells
Lane 2 : TNF-alpha nonactivated HUVEC cells
Performed under non-reducing conditions.
Observed band size: 90 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Lower bands represent tubulin as a loading control.
ab2213 staining human PBL cells by flow cytometry. Cells were formaldehyde fixed and gated on B-cells. The primary antibody was incubated with the sample for 30 minutes at 25°C. The secondary antibody was ab6810 (a FITC conjugated chicken polyclonal to mouse IgG - H&L). Both antibodies were used undiluted.
All lanes : Anti-ICAM1 antibody [MEM-111] (ab2213) at 1/3000 dilution
Lane 1 : Western Markers.
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate prepared from human HUVEC cells (untreated) at 100,000 cells.
Lane 3 : Whole cell lysate prepared from human HUVEC cells (treated with 1 ng/ml TNF-alpha for 24 h) at 100,000 cells.
All lanes : Rabbit Anti-Mouse IgG H&L (HRP) (ab6728)
Observed band size: 95 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 40 kDa (possible non-specific binding)
This product has been referenced in:
- Li Y et al. Early intervention with mesenchymal stem cells prevents nephropathy in diabetic rats by ameliorating the inflammatory microenvironment. Int J Mol Med 41:2629-2639 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29484379) »
- Kotha S et al. Microvasculature-directed thrombopoiesis in a 3D in vitro marrow microenvironment. PLoS One 13:e0195082 (2018). ICC/IF . Read more (PubMed: 29617409) »