Key features and details
- Mouse polyclonal to Id1
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Id1 antibody
See all Id1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse polyclonal to Id1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Cat, Dog, Pig, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Orangutan
- Lysate from Id1 transfected 293T cells; HeLa cells
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.4
Constituent: 100% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab168256 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 16 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml. ab168256 must be purified for ICC/IF application.|
FunctionID (inhibitor of DNA binding) HLH proteins lack a basic DNA-binding domain but are able to form heterodimers with other HLH proteins, thereby inhibiting DNA binding.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
Developmental stageExpression correlates with proliferation in some types of cells.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- bHLHb24 antibody
- Class B basic helix-loop-helix protein 24 antibody
- dJ857M17.1.2 (inhibitor of DNA binding 1, dominant negative helix-loop-helix protein) antibody
All lanes : Anti-Id1 antibody (ab168256) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : ID1-transfected 293T cell lysate
Lane 2 : Non-transfected 293T cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 15 µl per lane.
Predicted band size: 16 kDa
Immunofluorescence analysis of paraformaldehyde-fixed HeLa cells, labeling Id1 using ab168256 at 10 µg/ml. Cells should be permeabilized by incubating for 15 minutes on ice with 2 mL of 0.1% Triton X-100 in PBS prior to staining.
ab168256 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Li Y et al. Growth/differentiation 5 promotes the differentiation of retinal stem cells into neurons via Atoh8. J Cell Physiol 234:21307-21315 (2019). PubMed: 31066042
- Li Y et al. Effect and mechanism of RNAi targeting WWTR1 on biological activity of gastric cancer cells SGC7901. Mol Med Rep 17:2853-2860 (2018). PubMed: 29207147
- Li L et al. siRNA-mediated knockdown of ID1 disrupts Nanog- and Oct-4-mediated cancer stem cell-likeness and resistance to chemotherapy in gastric cancer cells. Oncol Lett 13:3014-3024 (2017). PubMed: 28529558
- Lv D et al. TRIM24 is an oncogenic transcriptional co-activator of STAT3 in glioblastoma. Nat Commun 8:1454 (2017). PubMed: 29129908
- Feng Y et al. Alpha-1-antitrypsin functions as a protective factor in preeclampsia through activating Smad2 and inhibitor of DNA binding 4. Oncotarget 8:113002-113012 (2017). PubMed: 29348884