Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [4E12G5] to ID2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-ID2 antibody [4E12G5]
See all ID2 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [4E12G5] to ID2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Pig, Chimpanzee, Cynomolgus monkey, Orangutan
- Human recombinant ID2 protein; SK N SH cells; Human breast cancer and rectum cancer tissues.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab166708 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 17.3 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/200 - 1/1000.|
|Flow Cyt||1/200 - 1/400.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionID (inhibitor of DNA binding) HLH proteins lack a basic DNA-binding domain but are able to form heterodimers with other HLH proteins, thereby inhibiting DNA binding. ID-2 may be an inhibitor of tissue-specific gene expression.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in early fetal tissues, including those of the central nervous system.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
Developmental stageFound in most early fetal tissues but not in the corresponding mature tissues.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- bHLHb26 antibody
- Cell growth inhibiting gene 8 antibody
- class B basic helix loop helix protein 26 antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded, DAB-stained Human breast cancer tissue labeling ID2 using ab166708 at a 1/200 dilution.
Anti-ID2 antibody [4E12G5] (ab166708) at 1/500 dilution + recombinant Human ID2 protein at 1 µg
Predicted band size: 17.3 kDa
Flow cytometric analysis of ID2-labeled SK N SH cells (green) and negative control cells (red), using ab166708 at a 1/200 dilution.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded, DAB-stained Human rectum cancer tissue labeling ID2 using ab166708 at a 1/200 dilution.
ab166708 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Yuan M et al. Phospholipase C (PLC)e Promotes Androgen Receptor Antagonist Resistance via the Bone Morphogenetic Protein (BMP)-6/SMAD Axis in a Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer Cell Line. Med Sci Monit 25:4438-4449 (2019). PubMed: 31201297
- Liu T et al. miR-27a promotes endothelial-mesenchymal transition in hypoxia-induced pulmonary arterial hypertension by suppressing BMP signaling. Life Sci 227:64-73 (2019). PubMed: 31004656
- Fan H et al. Effect of Notch1 gene on remyelination in multiple sclerosis in mouse models of acute demyelination. J Cell Biochem N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30010211
- Hwang SM et al. Inflammation-induced Id2 promotes plasticity in regulatory T cells. Nat Commun 9:4736 (2018). PubMed: 30413714
- Le Dréau G et al. E proteins sharpen neurogenesis by modulating proneural bHLH transcription factors' activity in an E-box-dependent manner. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30095408
- Feng Y et al. Alpha-1-antitrypsin functions as a protective factor in preeclampsia through activating Smad2 and inhibitor of DNA binding 4. Oncotarget 8:113002-113012 (2017). PubMed: 29348884
- Wang S et al. Regulatory Innate Lymphoid Cells Control Innate Intestinal Inflammation. Cell 171:201-216.e18 (2017). PubMed: 28844693