Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ID2
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab85990 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 29 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 15 kDa).|
FunctionID (inhibitor of DNA binding) HLH proteins lack a basic DNA-binding domain but are able to form heterodimers with other HLH proteins, thereby inhibiting DNA binding. ID-2 may be an inhibitor of tissue-specific gene expression.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in early fetal tissues, including those of the central nervous system.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
Developmental stageFound in most early fetal tissues but not in the corresponding mature tissues.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- bHLHb26 antibody
- Cell growth inhibiting gene 8 antibody
- class B basic helix loop helix protein 26 antibody
All lanes : Anti-ID2 antibody (ab85990) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Uninduced (negative control) culture of E.coli
Lane 2 : Induced culture of E.coli
All lanes : anti-Rabbit IgG HRP conjugated at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size: 15 kDa
Observed band size: 30 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Predicted molecular weight of Recombinant ID2:29 kDa (15 kDa + another 14 kDa for the tag).
ab85990 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Johnson JR et al. Microarray and pathway analysis of two COMMA-Dß derived clones reveal important differences relevant to their developmental capacity in-vivo. Oncotarget 10:2118-2135 (2019). PubMed: 31040905
- Cheng X et al. KIAA1429 regulates the migration and invasion of hepatocellular carcinoma by altering m6A modification of ID2 mRNA. Onco Targets Ther 12:3421-3428 (2019). PubMed: 31118692
- Florio F et al. Sustained Expression of Negative Regulators of Myelination Protects Schwann Cells from Dysmyelination in a Charcot-Marie-Tooth 1B Mouse Model. J Neurosci 38:4275-4287 (2018). PubMed: 29610440
- Ladle BH et al. De novo DNA methylation by DNA methyltransferase 3a controls early effector CD8+ T-cell fate decisions following activation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:10631-6 (2016). Flow Cyt ; Mouse . PubMed: 27582468