Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR12296] to IDH1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, IP
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-IDH1 antibody [EPR12296]
See all IDH1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR12296] to IDH1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, IPmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Sheep, Cow, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide within Human IDH1 aa 1-100 (Cysteine residue). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: O75874
- WB: HAP1, HepG2, HeLa, and Raji cell lysates and human fetal kidney tissue lysate. IHC-P: Human breast carcinoma tissue. IP: HepG2 cell lysate.
This product was previously labelled as Isocitrate dehydrogenase.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab172964 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IP||1/10 - 1/100.|
Involvement in diseaseGlioma
Genetic variations are associated with cartilaginous tumors such as enchondroma or chondrosarcoma. Mutations of Arg-132 to Cys, Gly or His abolish the conversion of isocitrate to alpha-ketoglutarate. Instead, alpha-ketoglutarate is converted to R(-)-2-hydroxyglutarate.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the isocitrate and isopropylmalate dehydrogenases family.
modificationsAcetylation at Lys-374 dramatically reduces catalytic activity.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Peroxisome.
- Information by UniProt
- Cytosolic NADP isocitrate dehydrogenase antibody
- Cytosolic NADP-isocitrate dehydrogenase antibody
- Epididymis luminal protein 216 antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: IDH1 knockout HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: HeLa whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: HepG2 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab172964 observed at 46 kDa. Red - loading control, ab8245, observed at 37 kDa.
ab172964 was shown to specifically react with IDH1 in wild-type HAP1 cells. No band was observed when IDH1 knockout samples were used. Wild-type and IDH1 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab172964 and ab8245 (Mouse anti GAPDH loading control) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 1/1000 dilution and 1/10,000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preabsorbed ab216773 and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preabsorbed ab216776 secondary antibodies at 1/10,000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
All lanes : Anti-IDH1 antibody [EPR12296] (ab172964) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HepG2 lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa lysate
Lane 3 : Raji lysate
Lane 4 : Human fetal kidney lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 47 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma tissue labeling IDH1 with ab172964 at 1/100 dilution.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Western blot analysis on immunoprecipitation pellet from (1) HepG2 cell lysate or (2) 1X PBS (negative control) using ab172964 and HRP-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG preferentially detecting the non-reduced form of rabbit IgG.
ab172964 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Pillai-Kastoori L et al. Antibody validation for Western blot: By the user, for the user. J Biol Chem 295:926-939 (2020). PubMed: 31819006
- Shi F et al. Wild-type IDH2 contributes to Epstein-Barr virus-dependent metabolic alterations and tumorigenesis. Mol Metab 36:100966 (2020). PubMed: 32224436
- Nie Y et al. Lactobacillus frumenti improves antioxidant capacity via nitric oxide synthase 1 in intestinal epithelial cells. FASEB J 33:10705-10716 (2019). PubMed: 31262191
- Liu Z et al. High expression of PIM2 induces HSC proliferation in myelodysplastic syndromes via the IDH1/HIF1-a signaling pathway. Oncol Lett 17:5395-5402 (2019). PubMed: 31186757
- Zhang W et al. Ketamine exerts a protective role in a cell-based model of major depressive disorder via the inhibition of apoptosis and inflammation and activation of the Krebs cycle. Bosn J Basic Med Sci N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31215856
- Costa Nunes F et al. Tacrine derivatives stimulate human glioma SF295 cell death and alter important proteins related to disease development: An old drug for new targets. Biochim Biophys Acta 1862:1527-1536 (2018). PubMed: 29704527
- Ma S et al. D-2-hydroxyglutarate is essential for maintaining oncogenic property of mutant IDH-containing cancer cells but dispensable for cell growth. Oncotarget 6:8606-20 (2015). PubMed: 25825982