Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IFNAR2
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-IFNAR2 antibody
See all IFNAR2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IFNAR2
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
A synthetic peptide corresponding to C terminal residues of human IFNAR2 (Interferon-alpha/beta receptor beta chain precursor)
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing the problem with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation.
One factor contributing to the crisis is the use of antibodies that are not suitable. This can lead to misleading results and the use of incorrect data informing project assumptions and direction. To help address this challenge, we have introduced an application and species grid on our primary antibody datasheets to make it easy to simplify identification of the right antibody for your needs.
Learn more here.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified by antigen specific affinity chromatography.
FunctionAssociates with IFNAR1 to form the type I interferon receptor. Receptor for interferons alpha and beta. Involved in IFN-mediated STAT1, STAT2 and STAT3 activation. Isoform 1 and isoform 2 are directly involved in signal transduction due to their association with the TYR kinase, JAK1. Isoform 3 is a potent inhibitor of type I IFN receptor activity.
Tissue specificityIsoform 3 is detected in the urine (at protein level). Expressed in blood cells. Expressed in lymphoblastoid and fibrosarcoma cell lines.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the type II cytokine receptor family.
modificationsPhosphorylated on tyrosine residues upon interferon binding. Phosphorylation at Tyr-337 or Tyr-512 are sufficient to mediate interferon dependent activation of STAT1, STAT2 and STAT3 leading to antiproliferative effects on many different cell types.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Human interferon alpha/beta receptor antibody
- IFN alpha REC antibody
- IFN R antibody
ab56070 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Cheng M et al. Interferon down-regulation of miR-1225-3p as an antiviral mechanism through modulating Grb2-associated binding protein 3 expression. J Biol Chem 293:5975-5986 (2018). PubMed: 29496996
- Yang Q et al. Interferon-a inhibits cell migration and invasion and induces the expression of antiviral proteins in Huh-7 cells transfected with hepatitis B virus X gene-expressing lentivirus. Exp Ther Med 14:5924-5930 (2017). PubMed: 29285141
- Happold C et al. Interferon-ß induces loss of spherogenicity and overcomes therapy resistance of glioblastoma stem cells. Mol Cancer Ther 13:948-61 (2014). PubMed: 24526161
- Hong XX & Carmichael GG Innate immunity in pluripotent human cells: attenuated response to interferon-ß. J Biol Chem 288:16196-205 (2013). Human . PubMed: 23599426
- Ghosh D et al. A link between SIN1 (MAPKAP1) and poly(rC) binding protein 2 (PCBP2) in counteracting environmental stress. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:11673-8 (2008). IP ; Human . PubMed: 18687895