Product nameAnti-IFNL4 antibody [51-1]
See all IFNL4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [51-1] to IFNL4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Blocking, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to IFNL4 aa 100-200.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 6.97% L-Arginine
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab196984 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Blocking||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 20 kDa.|
FunctionCytokine that may trigger an antiviral response activating the JAK-STAT pathway and up-regulating specifically some interferon-stimulated genes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the lambda interferon family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Secreted.
- Information by UniProt
- IFN-lambda-4 antibody
- IFNAN antibody
- IFNL4 antibody
All lanes : Anti-IFNL4 antibody [51-1] (ab196984) at 1/1500 dilution
Lane 1 : Recombinant Interferon lambda 4 protein (250 ng)
Lane 2 : Recombinant Interferon lambda 4 protein (50 ng)
Predicted band size: 20 kDa
Prokunina-Olsson, NG, 2013 and Onabajo et al, JICR, 2015
All lanes : Anti-IFNL4 antibody [51-1] (ab196984) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Empty Halo-Tag vector transfected HepG2 Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : IFNL4-Halo transfected HepG2 Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Peroxidase AffiniPure Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/50000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 20 kDa
Observed band size: 50 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 1 minute
The observe size is larger (50 kDa for IFNL4-Halo than the predicted size because of the Halo-tag.
Stable inducible HepG2-IFN-λ4-ISRE-Luc cells were induced with 0.5 mg/ml doxycycline for 16hours and then treated with PBS (negative control) and rabbit IgG (20µg/ml) for 22 hours and assayed for luciferase expression. α-IFN-λ4 (ab196984) blocks the ability of IFN-λ4 to induce of ISRE-Luc reporter by 70%.
ab196984 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Tang W et al. IFNL4-?G Allele Is Associated with an Interferon Signature in Tumors and Survival of African-American Men with Prostate Cancer. Clin Cancer Res 24:5471-5481 (2018). Blocking ; Human . PubMed: 30012562
- Minas TZ et al. IFNL4-?G is associated with prostate cancer among men at increased risk of sexually transmitted infections. Commun Biol 1:191 (2018). WB ; Human . PubMed: 30456312
- Sung PS et al. IFN-?4 potently blocks IFN-a signalling by ISG15 and USP18 in hepatitis C virus infection. Sci Rep 7:3821 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28630501
- Obajemu AA et al. IFN-?4 Attenuates Antiviral Responses by Enhancing Negative Regulation of IFN Signaling. J Immunol N/A:N/A (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 29070670
- Paquin A et al. Comparative Functional Analysis of 12 Mammalian IFN-?4 Orthologs. J Interferon Cytokine Res 36:30-6 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 26308395
- Onabajo OO et al. Expression of Interferon Lambda 4 Is Associated with Reduced Proliferation and Increased Cell Death in Human Hepatic Cells. J Interferon Cytokine Res 35:888-900 (2015). WB, Blocking ; Human . PubMed: 26134097
- Prokunina-Olsson L et al. A variant upstream of IFNL3 (IL28B) creating a new interferon gene IFNL4 is associated with impaired clearance of hepatitis C virus. Nat Genet 45:164-71 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 23291588