Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to IFT88
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-IFT88 antibody
See all IFT88 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to IFT88
SpecificityThis antibody is expected to recognise both reported isoforms (NP_783195.2; NP_006522.2).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Dog
- WB: A549 cell lysate and Mouse testis tissue lysate; ICC/IF: HepG2 cells; Flow Cyt: HepG2 cells.
This product was previously labelled as TTC10
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab42497 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 90 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 94 kDa).
1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
|Flow Cyt||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
FunctionInvolved in primary cilium biogenesis.
Tissue specificityExpressed in the heart, brain, liver, lung, kidney, skeletal muscle and pancreas.
Sequence similaritiesContains 12 TPR repeats.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton > centrosome > centriole. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > cilium basal body.
- Information by UniProt
- D13S1056E antibody
- DAF19 antibody
- hTg737 antibody
All lanes : Anti-IFT88 antibody (ab42497) at 3 µg/ml
Lane 1 : A549 (human lung carcinoma cell line) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse testis tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 35 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 94 kDa
Primary incubation 1 hour at room temperature. Detected by chemiluminescence.
Immunofluorescence analysis of paraformaldehyde fixed HepG2 cells labeling IFT88 with ab42497. Cells permeabilized with 0.15% Triton. Primary incubation 1hr (10 µg/mL) followed by Alexa Fluor® 488 conjugated secondary antibody (2 µg/mL), showing nuclear and cytoplasmic staining. The nuclear stain is DAPI (blue). Negative control: Unimmunized goat IgG (10 µg/mL) followed by Alexa Fluor® 488 secondary antibody (2 µg/mL).
Flow cytometric analysis of paraformaldehyde fixed HepG2 cells labeling IFT88 with ab42497 (blue line). Cells permeabilized with 0.5% Triton. Primary incubation 1hr (10 µg/mL) followed by Alexa Fluor 488® secondary antibody (1 µg/mL). IgG control: Unimmunized goat IgG (black line) followed by Alexa Fluor® 488 secondary antibody.
ab42497 staining IFT88 in human prostate epithelial primary cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 0.5% Triton ×100. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100:in DMEM w/ 10% FBS) for 1 hour at 200C. An Alexa Fluor ® 546-conjugated donkey polyclonal to goat IgG was used undiluted as secondary antibody.
ab42497 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Yang TT et al. Single-particle tracking localization microscopy reveals nonaxonemal dynamics of intraflagellar transport proteins at the base of mammalian primary cilia. Mol Biol Cell 30:828-837 (2019). PubMed: 30759057
- Gerondopoulos A et al. Planar Cell Polarity Effector Proteins Inturned and Fuzzy Form a Rab23 GEF Complex. Curr Biol 29:3323-3330.e8 (2019). PubMed: 31564489
- Walker RV et al. Ciliary exclusion of Polycystin-2 promotes kidney cystogenesis in an autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease model. Nat Commun 10:4072 (2019). PubMed: 31492868
- Loukil A et al. The daughter centriole controls ciliogenesis by regulating Neurl-4 localization at the centrosome. J Cell Biol 216:1287-1300 (2017). PubMed: 28385950
- Gazea M et al. Primary cilia are critical for Sonic hedgehog-mediated dopaminergic neurogenesis in the embryonic midbrain. Dev Biol 409:55-71 (2016). PubMed: 26542012
- Goggolidou P et al. ATMIN is a transcriptional regulator of both lung morphogenesis and ciliogenesis. Development 141:3966-77 (2014). IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 25294941
- Bodle JC et al. Primary cilia: the chemical antenna regulating human adipose-derived stem cell osteogenesis. PLoS One 8:e62554 (2013). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 23690943
- Willaredt MA et al. Multiple essential roles for primary cilia in heart development. Cilia 1:23 (2012). IHC . PubMed: 23351706
- Miyoshi K et al. Pericentrin, a centrosomal protein related to microcephalic primordial dwarfism, is required for olfactory cilia assembly in mice. FASEB J 23:3289-97 (2009). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 19470799