Product nameAnti-IgA antibody [KT40] (HRP)
See all IgA primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [KT40] to IgA (HRP)
SpecificityIg alpha-1 chain C region and Ig alpha-2 chain C region (IgA1, IgA2). Does not cross-react with recombinant human IgG1, IgG2, IgG3, IgG4, IgM and IgE.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Sandwich ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Other Immunogen Type corresponding to Human IgA.
Database link: P01877
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
ELISA pair antibody
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab106765 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||1/1000. Can be used as detection antibody when paired with ab106731.|
RelevanceHuman IgA (immunoglobulin A) is a glycosylated protein of 160 kDa and is produced as a monomer or as a J chain linked dimer. Monomeric IgA constitutes 5-15 % of the serum immunoglobulins whereas dimeric IgA is localized to mucosa surfaces such as saliva, gastrointestinal secretion, bronchial fluids and milk. Mucosal IgA plays a major role in host defence by neutralising infectious agents at mucosal surfaces. The production is usually local and antigen specific IgA producing B cells can be found in regions under the lamina propria where they mature into dimeric IgA producing plasma cells. IgA deficiency is the most common immunodeficiency that may affect both serum and mucosal produced IgA. OR: The secretory component is a component of immunoglobulin A (IgA) which consists of a portion of the polymeric immunoglobulin receptor. Polymeric IgA binds to the polymeric immunoglobulin receptor on the basolateral surface of epithelial cells and is taken up into the cell via transcytosis. The receptor-IgA complex passes through the cellular compartments before being secreted on the luminal surface of the epithelial cells, still attached to the receptor. Proteolysis of the receptor occurs and the dimeric IgA molecule, along with the secretory component, are free to diffuse throughout the lumen.
- Hepatocellular carcinoma-associated protein TB6 antibody
- Ig alpha 1 chain C region antibody
- Ig alpha 2 chain C region antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab106765 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.