Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal  to IGF1
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-IGF1 antibody 
See all IGF1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal  to IGF1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length protein corresponding to Human IGF1. conjugated to carrier protein - native protein
Database link: P05019
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab176523 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
FunctionThe insulin-like growth factors, isolated from plasma, are structurally and functionally related to insulin but have a much higher growth-promoting activity. May be a physiological regulator of [1-14C]-2-deoxy-D-glucose (2DG) transport and glycogen synthesis in osteoblasts. Stimulates glucose transport in rat bone-derived osteoblastic (PyMS) cells and is effective at much lower concentrations than insulin, not only regarding glycogen and DNA synthesis but also with regard to enhancing glucose uptake.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in IGF1 are the cause of insulin-like growth factor I deficiency (IGF1 deficiency) [MIM:608747]. IGF1 deficiency is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by growth retardation, sensorineural deafness and mental retardation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the insulin family.
- Information by UniProt
FormThere are 2 isoforms produced by alternative splicing. Isoform 1 also known as: IGF-IB; Isoform 2 also known as: IGF-IA.
- IBP1 antibody
- IGF I antibody
- IGF IA antibody
ab176523 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Wang F et al. Inhibition of miR-129 Improves Neuronal Pyroptosis and Cognitive Impairment Through IGF-1/GSK3ß Signaling Pathway: An In Vitro and In Vivo Study. J Mol Neurosci N/A:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33484421
- Sugawara S et al. Increase in IGF-1 Expression in the Injured Infraorbital Nerve and Possible Implications for Orofacial Neuropathic Pain. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31861182
- Ogundele OM et al. A Putative Mechanism of Age-Related Synaptic Dysfunction Based on the Impact of IGF-1 Receptor Signaling on Synaptic CaMKIIa Phosphorylation. Front Neuroanat 12:35 (2018). PubMed: 29867375
- Ogundele OM et al. Stress-altered synaptic plasticity and DAMP signaling in the hippocampus-PFC axis; elucidating the significance of IGF-1/IGF-1R/CaMKIIa expression in neural changes associated with a prolonged exposure therapy. Neuroscience 353:147-165 (2017). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 28438613
- Li J et al. Human umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells improve the reserve function of perimenopausal ovary via a paracrine mechanism. Stem Cell Res Ther 8:55 (2017). WB, IHC . PubMed: 28279229
- Tang Y et al. Use of ultrasound-targeted microbubble destruction to transfect IGF-1 cDNA to enhance the regeneration of rat wounded Achilles tendon in vivo. Gene Ther 22:610-8 (2015). PubMed: 25840275