Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal  to IGF1
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-IGF1 antibody 
See all IGF1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal  to IGF1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Full length protein corresponding to Human IGF1. conjugated to carrier protein
Database link: P05019
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab176523 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionThe insulin-like growth factors, isolated from plasma, are structurally and functionally related to insulin but have a much higher growth-promoting activity. May be a physiological regulator of [1-14C]-2-deoxy-D-glucose (2DG) transport and glycogen synthesis in osteoblasts. Stimulates glucose transport in rat bone-derived osteoblastic (PyMS) cells and is effective at much lower concentrations than insulin, not only regarding glycogen and DNA synthesis but also with regard to enhancing glucose uptake.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in IGF1 are the cause of insulin-like growth factor I deficiency (IGF1 deficiency) [MIM:608747]. IGF1 deficiency is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by growth retardation, sensorineural deafness and mental retardation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the insulin family.
- Information by UniProt
FormThere are 2 isoforms produced by alternative splicing. Isoform 1 also known as: IGF-IB; Isoform 2 also known as: IGF-IA.
- IBP1 antibody
- IGF I antibody
- IGF IA antibody
ab176523 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Sugawara S et al. Increase in IGF-1 Expression in the Injured Infraorbital Nerve and Possible Implications for Orofacial Neuropathic Pain. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31861182
- Ogundele OM et al. A Putative Mechanism of Age-Related Synaptic Dysfunction Based on the Impact of IGF-1 Receptor Signaling on Synaptic CaMKIIa Phosphorylation. Front Neuroanat 12:35 (2018). PubMed: 29867375
- Ogundele OM et al. Stress-altered synaptic plasticity and DAMP signaling in the hippocampus-PFC axis; elucidating the significance of IGF-1/IGF-1R/CaMKIIa expression in neural changes associated with a prolonged exposure therapy. Neuroscience 353:147-165 (2017). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 28438613
- Li J et al. Human umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells improve the reserve function of perimenopausal ovary via a paracrine mechanism. Stem Cell Res Ther 8:55 (2017). WB, IHC . PubMed: 28279229