Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal to IGF1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-IGF1 antibody
See all IGF1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal to IGF1
As determined by EIA, this antibody shows 100% reactivity with rat and mouse IGF1. It also shows <0.4% cross reactivity with rat IGF2, and <0.05% cross reactivity with human IGF1 or IGF2.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Does not react with: Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Rat IGF1.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab36532 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 7.5 kDa.
Detects 250 ng IGF1. The predicted MW corresponds to the mature form of the protein.
FunctionThe insulin-like growth factors, isolated from plasma, are structurally and functionally related to insulin but have a much higher growth-promoting activity. May be a physiological regulator of [1-14C]-2-deoxy-D-glucose (2DG) transport and glycogen synthesis in osteoblasts. Stimulates glucose transport in rat bone-derived osteoblastic (PyMS) cells and is effective at much lower concentrations than insulin, not only regarding glycogen and DNA synthesis but also with regard to enhancing glucose uptake.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in IGF1 are the cause of insulin-like growth factor I deficiency (IGF1 deficiency) [MIM:608747]. IGF1 deficiency is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by growth retardation, sensorineural deafness and mental retardation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the insulin family.
- Information by UniProt
FormThere are 2 isoforms produced by alternative splicing. Isoform 1 also known as: IGF-IB; Isoform 2 also known as: IGF-IA.
- IBP1 antibody
- IGF I antibody
- IGF IA antibody
All lanes : Anti-IGF1 antibody (ab36532) at 1/2500 dilution
Lane 1 : Rat IGF1 at 1.5 µg
Lane 2 : Rat IGF1 at 0.75 µg
Lane 3 : Rat IGF1 at 0.375 µg
Lane 4 : Rat IGF1 at 0.1875 µg
Lane 5 : Rat IGF1 at 0.09375 µg
All lanes : HRP-conjugated anti-mouse IgG at 1/2000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 7.5 kDa
ab36532 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Zhang M et al. Exendin-4 enhances proliferation of senescent osteoblasts through activation of the IGF-1/IGF-1R signaling pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 516:300-306 (2019). PubMed: 31256933
- Zhou LS et al. Silencing collapsin response mediator protein-2 reprograms macrophage phenotype and improves infarct healing in experimental myocardial infarction model. J Inflamm (Lond) 12:11 (2015). PubMed: 25685072
- Bao Y et al. Topical Treatment with Xiaozheng Zhitong Paste (XZP) Alleviates Bone Destruction and Bone Cancer Pain in a Rat Model of Prostate Cancer-Induced Bone Pain by Modulating the RANKL/RANK/OPG Signaling. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2015:215892 (2015). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 25691907
- Blanco-Alvarez VM et al. Prophylactic Subacute Administration of Zinc Increases CCL2, CCR2, FGF2, and IGF-1 Expression and Prevents the Long-Term Memory Loss in a Rat Model of Cerebral Hypoxia-Ischemia. Neural Plast 2015:375391 (2015). ELISA . PubMed: 26355725
- Liu Y et al. microRNA-181a is involved in insulin-like growth factor-1-mediated regulation of the transcription factor CREB1. J Neurochem 126:771-80 (2013). PubMed: 23865718
- Fernández S et al. A phosphatase-independent gain-of-function mutation in PTEN triggers aberrant cell growth in astrocytes through an autocrine IGF-1 loop. Oncogene N/A:N/A (2013). PubMed: 24056966
- Hamzeh M & Robaire B Identification of early response genes and pathway activated by androgens in the initial segment and caput regions of the regressed rat epididymis. Endocrinology 151:4504-14 (2010). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 20660069