Product nameAnti-IGF1 antibody
See all IGF1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IGF1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, IHC (PFA fixed)more details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: a wide range of other species
- This antibody gave a positive result in IF in the following Formaldehyde fixed cell line: Hek293.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks) (add antibacterial agent). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab40657 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||1/1000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IHC (PFA fixed)||1/1000.|
FunctionThe insulin-like growth factors, isolated from plasma, are structurally and functionally related to insulin but have a much higher growth-promoting activity. May be a physiological regulator of [1-14C]-2-deoxy-D-glucose (2DG) transport and glycogen synthesis in osteoblasts. Stimulates glucose transport in rat bone-derived osteoblastic (PyMS) cells and is effective at much lower concentrations than insulin, not only regarding glycogen and DNA synthesis but also with regard to enhancing glucose uptake.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in IGF1 are the cause of insulin-like growth factor I deficiency (IGF1 deficiency) [MIM:608747]. IGF1 deficiency is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by growth retardation, sensorineural deafness and mental retardation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the insulin family.
- Information by UniProt
FormThere are 2 isoforms produced by alternative splicing. Isoform 1 also known as: IGF-IB; Isoform 2 also known as: IGF-IA.
- IBP1 antibody
- IGF I antibody
- IGF IA antibody
ab40657 staining IGF1 in murine prostate tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and an antigen retrieval step was performed using citrate buffer. Samples were then blocked with 1% serum for 20 minutes at 25°C and then incubated with ab40657 at a 1/1000 dilution for 18 hours at 4°C. The secondary used was a biotin conjugated horse polyclonal used at a 1/50 dilution.
ab40657 stained Hek293 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab40657 at 1µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Immunohistochemical analysis of rat colon tissue, staining IGF1 with ab40657.
Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 1% blocking solution for 15 minutes at room temperature; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in citrate buffer (pH 6). Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/400 in BSA in TBS) for 1 hour. An undiluted HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit polyclonal IgG was used as the secondary antibody.
ab40657 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Lin X et al. Urinary miRNA-29a-3p levels are associated with metabolic parameters via regulation of IGF1 in patients with metabolic syndrome. Biomed Rep 10:250-258 (2019). PubMed: 30972221
- Cheng X & Jiang H Long non-coding RNA HAND2-AS1 downregulation predicts poor survival of patients with end-stage dilated cardiomyopathy. J Int Med Res 47:3690-3698 (2019). PubMed: 31248315
- Botusan IR et al. Deficiency of liver-derived insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) does not interfere with the skin wound healing rate. PLoS One 13:e0193084 (2018). PubMed: 29534073
- Jin C et al. Methyl donors dietary supplementation to gestating sows diet improves the growth rate of offspring and is associating with changes in expression and DNA methylation of insulin-like growth factor-1 gene. J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 102:1340-1350 (2018). PubMed: 29959805
- Cao P et al. MiR-15b is a key regulator of proliferation and apoptosis of chondrocytes from patients with condylar hyperplasia by targeting IGF1, IGF1R and BCL2. Osteoarthritis Cartilage N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30521861
- Serna VA et al. Cellular kinetics of MED12-mutant uterine leiomyoma growth and regression in vivo. Endocr Relat Cancer 25:747-759 (2018). PubMed: 29700012
- Thomsen J et al. PAPP-A proteolytic activity enhances IGF bioactivity in ascites from women with ovarian carcinoma. Oncotarget 6:32266-78 (2015). IHC . PubMed: 26336825
- Dhakal P et al. Neonatal Progesterone Programs Adult Uterine Responses to Progesterone and Susceptibility to Uterine Dysfunction. Endocrinology 156:3791-803 (2015). PubMed: 26204463
- Kamiya Y et al. Increased mandibular condylar growth in mice with estrogen receptor beta deficiency. J Bone Miner Res 28:1127-34 (2013). PubMed: 23197372