Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IGF1
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-IGF1 antibody
See all IGF1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IGF1
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: a wide range of other species
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks) (add antibacterial agent). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
FunctionThe insulin-like growth factors, isolated from plasma, are structurally and functionally related to insulin but have a much higher growth-promoting activity. May be a physiological regulator of [1-14C]-2-deoxy-D-glucose (2DG) transport and glycogen synthesis in osteoblasts. Stimulates glucose transport in rat bone-derived osteoblastic (PyMS) cells and is effective at much lower concentrations than insulin, not only regarding glycogen and DNA synthesis but also with regard to enhancing glucose uptake.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in IGF1 are the cause of insulin-like growth factor I deficiency (IGF1 deficiency) [MIM:608747]. IGF1 deficiency is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by growth retardation, sensorineural deafness and mental retardation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the insulin family.
- Information by UniProt
FormThere are 2 isoforms produced by alternative splicing. Isoform 1 also known as: IGF-IB; Isoform 2 also known as: IGF-IA.
- IBP1 antibody
- IGF I antibody
- IGF IA antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab40657 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Zheng LZ et al. Magnesium and vitamin C supplementation attenuates steroid-associated osteonecrosis in a rat model. Biomaterials 238:119828 (2020). PubMed: 32045781
- Xie W et al. Seasonal expressions of growth hormone receptor, insulin-like growth factor 1 and insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor in the scented glands of the muskrats (Ondatra zibethicus). Gen Comp Endocrinol 281:58-66 (2019). PubMed: 31121166
- Lin X et al. Urinary miRNA-29a-3p levels are associated with metabolic parameters via regulation of IGF1 in patients with metabolic syndrome. Biomed Rep 10:250-258 (2019). PubMed: 30972221
- Cheng X & Jiang H Long non-coding RNA HAND2-AS1 downregulation predicts poor survival of patients with end-stage dilated cardiomyopathy. J Int Med Res 47:3690-3698 (2019). PubMed: 31248315
- Joo KH et al. Cytokine Expression of Stem Cells Originating from the Apical Complex and Coronal Pulp of Immature Teeth. J Endod 44:87-92.e1 (2018). PubMed: 29079048