Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IGF1
- Suitable for: Sandwich ELISA
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-IGF1 antibody
See all IGF1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IGF1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Sandwich ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Highly pure (>98%) recombinant hIGF-1 (human Insulin Like Growth Factor-1).
Although some customers have been successful in IHC we no longer batch test in this application. For an IHC validated antibody please see ab263903
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
FormLyophilized:Reconstitute with 200µl of sterile water. Please note that if you receive this product in liquid form it has already been reconstituted as described and no further reconstitution is necessary.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Light chain typeunknown
sELISA pair antibody
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9572 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Rabbit polyclonal to IGF1 (Biotin) (ab83137). Allows for the detection of at least 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of recombinant IGF1.|
FunctionThe insulin-like growth factors, isolated from plasma, are structurally and functionally related to insulin but have a much higher growth-promoting activity. May be a physiological regulator of [1-14C]-2-deoxy-D-glucose (2DG) transport and glycogen synthesis in osteoblasts. Stimulates glucose transport in rat bone-derived osteoblastic (PyMS) cells and is effective at much lower concentrations than insulin, not only regarding glycogen and DNA synthesis but also with regard to enhancing glucose uptake.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in IGF1 are the cause of insulin-like growth factor I deficiency (IGF1 deficiency) [MIM:608747]. IGF1 deficiency is an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by growth retardation, sensorineural deafness and mental retardation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the insulin family.
- Information by UniProt
FormThere are 2 isoforms produced by alternative splicing. Isoform 1 also known as: IGF-IB; Isoform 2 also known as: IGF-IA.
- IBP1 antibody
- IGF I antibody
- IGF IA antibody
To detect hIGF-I by sandwich ELISA (using 100 μl/well antibody solution) a concentration of 0.5 - 2.0 μg/ml of this antibody is required. This antigen affinity purified antibody, in conjunction with Biotinylated Anti-Human IGF-I as a detection antibody, allows the detection of at least 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of recombinant hIGF-I.
ab9572 has been referenced in 75 publications.
- Shen X et al. MicroRNA-155 promotes apoptosis of colonic smooth muscle cells and aggravates colonic dysmotility by targeting IGF-1. Exp Ther Med 19:2725-2732 (2020). PubMed: 32256755
- Ma JB et al. KLF5 inhibits STAT3 activity and tumor metastasis in prostate cancer by suppressing IGF1 transcription cooperatively with HDAC1. Cell Death Dis 11:466 (2020). PubMed: 32546700
- Lee C et al. Magnolol Attenuates Cisplatin-Induced Muscle Wasting by M2c Macrophage Activation. Front Immunol 11:77 (2020). PubMed: 32117241
- Dey S et al. Global targetome analysis reveals critical role of miR-29a in pancreatic stellate cell mediated regulation of PDAC tumor microenvironment. BMC Cancer 20:651 (2020). PubMed: 32660466
- Miyagawa K et al. Osteoclast-derived IGF1 is required for pagetic lesion formation in vivo. JCI Insight 5:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32078587
Customer reviews and Q&As
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES"
For licensing inquiries, please contact email@example.com