Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IGF2
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-IGF2 antibody
See all IGF2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IGF2
SpecificityMouse 20kDa IGF2 protein.Cross reacts with rat protein. Low cross reactivity was observed with human IGF2 protein.
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Mouse IGF2.
Database link: P09535
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: None
Concentration information loading...
FunctionThe insulin-like growth factors possess growth-promoting activity. In vitro, they are potent mitogens for cultured cells. IGF-II is influenced by placental lactogen and may play a role in fetal development.
Preptin undergoes glucose-mediated co-secretion with insulin, and acts as physiological amplifier of glucose-mediated insulin secretion. Exhibits osteogenic properties by increasing osteoblast mitogenic activity through phosphoactivation of MAPK1 and MAPK3.
Involvement in diseaseEpigenetic changes of DNA hypomethylation in IGF2 are a cause of Silver-Russell syndrome (SIRS) [MIM:180860]. SIRS is a clinically heterogeneous condition characterized by severe intrauterine growth retardation, poor postnatal growth, craniofacial features such as a triangular shaped face and a broad forehead, body asymmetry, and a variety of minor malformations.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the insulin family.
modificationsO-glycosylated with a core 1 or possibly core 8 glycan.
- Information by UniProt
- C11orf43 antibody
- IGF 2 antibody
- IGF II antibody
ab63984 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Jung S et al. Decreased expression of extracellular matrix proteins and trophic factors in the amygdala complex of depressed mice after chronic immobilization stress. BMC Neurosci 13:58 (2012). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 22672618
- Singh P et al. Insulin-like growth factors are more effective than progastrin in reversing proapoptotic effects of curcumin: critical role of p38MAPK. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 298:G551-62 (2010). Neutralising ; Rat . PubMed: 20133951
Customer reviews and Q&As
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES"
For licensing inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org