Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal to IGFBP3
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB, Dot blot
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-IGFBP3 antibody
See all IGFBP3 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal to IGFBP3
SpecificityAb36529 is specific to IGFBP3. It shows less than 0.05% reactivity with human IGFBPs 1, 2, 4, 5 or 6, as determined by EIA.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WB, Dot blotmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
IGFBP3 plus epitope of human IGFBP3.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab36529 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: A 1/5000 dilution detects 60ng IGFBP3. Predicted molecular weight: 32 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionIGF-binding proteins prolong the half-life of the IGFs and have been shown to either inhibit or stimulate the growth promoting effects of the IGFs on cell culture. They alter the interaction of IGFs with their cell surface receptors.
Tissue specificityExpressed by most tissues. Present in plasma.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 IGFBP N-terminal domain.
Contains 1 thyroglobulin type-1 domain.
Developmental stageIGFBP3 levels are higher during extrauterine life and peak during puberty.
DomainThe thyroglobulin type-1 domain mediates interaction with HN.
modificationsPhosphorylation sites are present in the extracelllular medium.
- Information by UniProt
- Acid stable subunit of the 140 K IGF complex antibody
- Binding protein 29 antibody
- Binding protein 53 antibody
ab36529 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Chenau J et al. The cell line secretome, a suitable tool for investigating proteins released in vivo by tumors: application to the study of p53-modulated proteins secreted in lung cancer cells. J Proteome Res 8:4579-91 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19639960
- Heath KE et al. Primary acid-labile subunit deficiency due to recessive IGFALS mutations results in postnatal growth deficit associated with low circulating insulin growth factor (IGF)-I, IGF binding protein-3 levels, and hyperinsulinemia. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:1616-24 (2008). PubMed: 18303074