Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to IGFBP3
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-IGFBP3 antibody
See all IGFBP3 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to IGFBP3
Specificityab77635 is expected to recognize both reported isoforms (NP_001013416.1 and NP_000589.2).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Horse, Cow, Dog
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, 0.5% Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab77635 is purified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunising peptide.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab77635 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: Use at a concentration of 0.02 - 0.06 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 32 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionIGF-binding proteins prolong the half-life of the IGFs and have been shown to either inhibit or stimulate the growth promoting effects of the IGFs on cell culture. They alter the interaction of IGFs with their cell surface receptors.
Tissue specificityExpressed by most tissues. Present in plasma.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 IGFBP N-terminal domain.
Contains 1 thyroglobulin type-1 domain.
Developmental stageIGFBP3 levels are higher during extrauterine life and peak during puberty.
DomainThe thyroglobulin type-1 domain mediates interaction with HN.
modificationsPhosphorylation sites are present in the extracelllular medium.
- Information by UniProt
- Acid stable subunit of the 140 K IGF complex antibody
- Binding protein 29 antibody
- Binding protein 53 antibody
All lanes : Anti-IGFBP3 antibody (ab77635) at 0.02 µg/ml
Lane 1 : human breast cancer lysate (in RIPA buffer)
Lane 2 : human breast cancer lysate (in RIPA buffer) with immunizing peptide
Lysates/proteins at 35 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 32 kDa
Observed band size: 28 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 50 kDa (possible non-specific binding)
The additional band of 50 kDa was consistently observed. However this band was not blocked by the immunizing peptide and it is therefore a non specific signal.
ab77635 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Nery FC et al. Impaired kidney structure and function in spinal muscular atrophy. Neurol Genet 5:e353 (2019). PubMed: 31517062
- Bai R et al. The NF-?B-modulated miR-19a-3p enhances malignancy of human ovarian cancer cells through inhibition of IGFBP-3 expression. Mol Carcinog 58:2254-2265 (2019). PubMed: 31513316
- Yao TH et al. Propranolol induces hemangioma endothelial cell apoptosis via a p53-BAX mediated pathway. Mol Med Rep 18:684-694 (2018). PubMed: 29767244
- Marthandan S et al. Conserved genes and pathways in primary human fibroblast strains undergoing replicative and radiation induced senescence. Biol Res 49:34 (2016). PubMed: 27464526
- Goyal R et al. Antenatal maternal long-term hypoxia: acclimatization responses with altered gene expression in ovine fetal carotid arteries. PLoS One 8:e82200 (2013). WB ; Sheep . PubMed: 24367503
- Yoo EG et al. Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 mediates high glucose-induced apoptosis by increasing oxidative stress in proximal tubular epithelial cells. Endocrinology 152:3135-42 (2011). WB ; Pig . PubMed: 21652730