Product nameAnti-IgG4 antibody [EP4420]
See all IgG4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP4420] to IgG4
SpecificityDoes not cross-react with IgG1, IgG2, or IgG3.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human IgG4 aa 50-150 (Hinge). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Human spleen and Human plasma lysates; Human tonsil tissue.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109493 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/1000 - 1/5000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
RelevanceIgG4 antibodies will dominate the IgG response in schistosomiasis, lymphatic filariasis, and in patients after allergen immunotherapy. Unlike the other IgG subclasses, IgG4 does not activate complement. A combined IgA-IgG4 deficiency has been associated with recurrent pyogenic infections.
- Ig gamma 4 chain C region antibody
- IGHG4 antibody
- immunoglobulin heavy chain constant region gamma 4 antibody
All lanes : Anti-IgG4 antibody [EP4420] (ab109493) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : IgG4 Recombinant protein at 0.005 µg
Lane 2 : IgG1 Recombinant protein at 0.01 µg
Lane 3 : IgG2 Recombinant protein at 0.01 µg
Lane 4 : IgG3 Recombinant protein at 0.01 µg
Lane 5 : Human spleen lysate at 10 µg
Lane 6 : Human plasma lysate at 10 µg
Predicted band size: 36 kDa
ab109493 at 1/1000 dilution staining IgG4 in Paraffin embedded Human tonsil tissue.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
This product has been referenced in:
- Maritati F et al. Clinical and Prognostic Significance of Serum IgG4 in Chronic Periaortitis. An Analysis of 113 Patients. Front Immunol 10:693 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 31019511) »
- Lv X et al. Clinical and pathological characteristics of IgG4-related interstitial lung disease. Exp Ther Med 15:1465-1473 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29434730) »