Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IKB alpha
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-IKB alpha antibody
See all IKB alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IKB alpha
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant full length protein (Mouse).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
FunctionInhibits the activity of dimeric NF-kappa-B/REL complexes by trapping REL dimers in the cytoplasm through masking of their nuclear localization signals. On cellular stimulation by immune and proinflammatory responses, becomes phosphorylated promoting ubiquitination and degradation, enabling the dimeric RELA to translocate to the nucleus and activate transcription.
Involvement in diseaseEctodermal dysplasia, anhidrotic, with T-cell immunodeficiency autosomal dominant
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NF-kappa-B inhibitor family.
Contains 5 ANK repeats.
modificationsPhosphorylated; disables inhibition of NF-kappa-B DNA-binding activity. Phosphorylation at positions 32 and 36 is prerequisite to recognition by UBE2D3 leading to polyubiquitination and subsequent degradation.
Sumoylated; sumoylation requires the presence of the nuclear import signal. Sumoylation blocks ubiquitination and proteasome-mediated degradation of the protein thereby increasing the protein stability.
Monoubiquitinated at Lys-21 and/or Lys-22 by UBE2D3. Ubiquitin chain elongation is then performed by CDC34 in cooperation with the SCF(FBXW11) E3 ligase complex, building ubiquitin chains from the UBE2D3-primed NFKBIA-linked ubiquitin. The resulting polyubiquitination leads to protein degradation. Also ubiquitinated by SCF(BTRC) following stimulus-dependent phosphorylation at Ser-32 and Ser-36.
Deubiquitinated by porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus Nsp2 protein, which thereby interferes with NFKBIA degradation and impairs subsequent NF-kappa-B activation.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Shuttles between the nucleus and the cytoplasm by a nuclear localization signal (NLS) and a CRM1-dependent nuclear export.
- Information by UniProt
- I kappa B alpha antibody
- I-kappa-B-alpha antibody
- IkappaBalpha antibody
ab7217 has been referenced in 41 publications.
- Xie S et al. Andrographolide Protects Against Adverse Cardiac Remodeling After Myocardial Infarction through Enhancing Nrf2 Signaling Pathway. Int J Biol Sci 16:12-26 (2020). PubMed: 31892842
- Shi CX et al. Sevoflurane attenuates brain damage through inhibiting autophagy and apoptosis in cerebral ischemia-reperfusion rats. Mol Med Rep 21:123-130 (2020). PubMed: 31746402
- Ren F et al. NRSN2 promotes breast cancer metastasis by activating PI3K/AKT/mTOR and NF-?B signaling pathways. Oncol Lett 19:813-823 (2020). PubMed: 31885716
- Liu J et al. Notoginsenoside R1 protects human renal proximal tubular epithelial cells from lipopolysaccharide-stimulated inflammatory damage by up-regulation of miR-26a. Chem Biol Interact 308:364-371 (2019). PubMed: 31158334
- Li C et al. Swainsonine inhibits proliferation and collagen synthesis of NIH-3T3 cells by declining miR-21. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol 47:2256-2264 (2019). PubMed: 31184213