Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IKB beta
- Suitable for: WB, IP, ELISA, Dot blot
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-IKB beta antibody
See all IKB beta primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IKB beta
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, ELISA, Dot blotmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human IKB beta (C terminal) conjugated to Keyhole Limpet Haemocyanin (KLH).
- A control peptide is available, ab7548.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesThis product was prepared from monospecific antiserum by delipidation and defibrination.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7547 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 38 kDa).|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ELISA||1/5000 - 1/25000.|
|Dot blot||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionInhibits NF-kappa-B by complexing with and trapping it in the cytoplasm. However, the unphosphorylated form resynthesized after cell stimulation is able to bind NF-kappa-B allowing its transport to the nucleus and protecting it to further NFKBIA-dependent inactivation. Association with inhibitor kappa B-interacting NKIRAS1 and NKIRAS2 prevent its phosphorylation rendering it more resistant to degradation, explaining its slower degradation.
Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues examined.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NF-kappa-B inhibitor family.
Contains 6 ANK repeats.
modificationsPhosphorylated by RPS6KA1; followed by degradation. Interaction with NKIRAS1 and NKIRAS2 probably prevents phosphorylation.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- I kappa B beta antibody
- I-kappa-B-beta antibody
- IkappaBbeta antibody
Detection of IkB beta by Immunoprecipitation in whole cell lysate from Huh-7 cells, using ab7547 at 4 µg/mg lysate for IP and ab1162 at a 1/1500 dilution for subsequent Western blot detection.
Cells expressed recombinant IkB beta tagged with DDDDK. Protein A was used for the Immunoprecipitation step. Primary antibody incubated with matrix for 4 hours at 4°C.
ab7547 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- de Sousa FD et al. Hydrogel and membrane scaffold formulations of Frutalin (breadfruit lectin) within a polysaccharide galactomannan matrix have potential for wound healing. Int J Biol Macromol 121:429-442 (2019). PubMed: 30326222
- Chen KH et al. Combined Adipose-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Low-Energy Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy Protect the Brain From Brain Death-Induced Injury in Rat. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 78:65-77 (2019). PubMed: 30481326
- Hu J et al. Anesthetic effects of isoflurane and the molecular mechanism underlying isoflurane-inhibited aggressiveness of hepatic carcinoma. Mol Med Rep 18:184-192 (2018). PubMed: 29749446
- Ibi D et al. Antipsychotic-induced Hdac2 transcription via NF-?B leads to synaptic and cognitive side effects. Nat Neurosci 20:1247-1259 (2017). PubMed: 28783139
- Yang Y et al. UII/GPR14 is involved in NF-?B-mediated colonic inflammation in vivo and in vitro. Oncol Rep 36:2800-2806 (2016). PubMed: 27600191
- Stewart ME & Roy P Role of cellular caspases, nuclear factor-kappa B and interferon regulatory factors in Bluetongue virus infection and cell fate. Virol J 7:362 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21134281
- De Barros S et al. Inhibition of human preadipocyte proteasomal activity by HIV protease inhibitors or specific inhibitor lactacystin leads to a defect in adipogenesis, which involves matrix metalloproteinase-9. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 320:291-9 (2007). PubMed: 17038510