Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IKK beta (phospho Y188)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Monkey
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-IKK beta (phospho Y188) antibody
See all IKK beta primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IKK beta (phospho Y188)
Specificityab194519 detects endogenous levels of IKK beta only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 188.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Monkey
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- WB: COS7 cell extract.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
PBS without Mg2+ and Ca2+.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab194519 was purified by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. Non-phospho specific antibodies were removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab194519 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 87 kDa.|
FunctionActs as part of the IKK complex in the conventional pathway of NF-kappa-B activation and phosphorylates inhibitors of NF-kappa-B thus leading to the dissociation of the inhibitor/NF-kappa-B complex and ultimately the degradation of the inhibitor. Also phosphorylates NCOA3.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in heart, placenta, skeletal muscle, kidney, pancreas, spleen, thymus, prostate, testis and peripheral blood.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. I-kappa-B kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsUpon cytokine stimulation, phosphorylated on Ser-177 and Ser-181 by MEKK1 and/or MAP3K14/NIK; which enhances activity. Once activated, autophosphorylates on the C-terminal serine cluster; which decreases activity and prevents prolonged activation of the inflammatory response.
Acetylation of Thr-180 by Yersinia yopJ prevents phosphorylation and activation, thus blocking the I-kappa-B pathway.
Ubiquitinated. Monoubiquitination involves TRIM21 that leads to inhibition of Tax-induced NF-kappa-B signaling. According to PubMed:19675099, 'Ser-163' does not serve as a monoubiquitination site. According to PubMed:16267042, ubiquitination on 'Ser-163' modulates phosphorylation on C-terminal serine residues. Monoubiquitination by TRIM21 is dirupted by Yersinia yopJ.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Membrane raft. Colocalized with DPP4 in membrane rafts.
- Information by UniProt
- I kappa B kinase 2 antibody
- I kappa B kinase beta antibody
- I-kappa-B kinase 2 antibody
ab194519 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Sun X et al. The Nrf2 activator RTA-408 attenuates osteoclastogenesis by inhibiting STING dependent NF-?b signaling. Redox Biol 28:101309 (2020). PubMed: 31487581
- Liu B et al. IKKß regulates the expression of coagulation and fibrinolysis factors through the NF-?B canonical pathway in LPS-stimulated alveolar epithelial cells type II. Exp Ther Med 18:2859-2866 (2019). PubMed: 31572531
- Mei L et al. Paeonol attenuates inflammation by targeting HMGB1 through upregulating miR-339-5p. Sci Rep 9:19370 (2019). PubMed: 31852965
- Jiang L et al. Overexpression of PIMREG promotes breast cancer aggressiveness via constitutive activation of NF-?B signaling. EBioMedicine 43:188-200 (2019). PubMed: 30979686
- Jiang Y et al. TIPE2 governs macrophage polarization via negative regulation of mTORC1. Mol Med Rep 17:952-960 (2018). PubMed: 29115630
- Porteiro B et al. Hepatic p63 regulates steatosis via IKKß/ER stress. Nat Commun 8:15111 (2017). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 28480888