Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IKK beta (phospho Y199)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-IKK beta (phospho Y199) antibody
See all IKK beta primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IKK beta (phospho Y199)
SpecificityDetects endogenous levels of IKK beta only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 199.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide from around the phosphorylation site of tyrosine 199 (QKYPTV) of human IKK beta
- WB: HeLa cells treated with TNF-alpha and calyculin. IHC-P: Human breast carcinoma tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAffinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59195 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 87 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 87 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionActs as part of the IKK complex in the conventional pathway of NF-kappa-B activation and phosphorylates inhibitors of NF-kappa-B thus leading to the dissociation of the inhibitor/NF-kappa-B complex and ultimately the degradation of the inhibitor. Also phosphorylates NCOA3.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in heart, placenta, skeletal muscle, kidney, pancreas, spleen, thymus, prostate, testis and peripheral blood.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. I-kappa-B kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsUpon cytokine stimulation, phosphorylated on Ser-177 and Ser-181 by MEKK1 and/or MAP3K14/NIK; which enhances activity. Once activated, autophosphorylates on the C-terminal serine cluster; which decreases activity and prevents prolonged activation of the inflammatory response.
Acetylation of Thr-180 by Yersinia yopJ prevents phosphorylation and activation, thus blocking the I-kappa-B pathway.
Ubiquitinated. Monoubiquitination involves TRIM21 that leads to inhibition of Tax-induced NF-kappa-B signaling. According to PubMed:19675099, 'Ser-163' does not serve as a monoubiquitination site. According to PubMed:16267042, ubiquitination on 'Ser-163' modulates phosphorylation on C-terminal serine residues. Monoubiquitination by TRIM21 is dirupted by Yersinia yopJ.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Membrane raft. Colocalized with DPP4 in membrane rafts.
- Information by UniProt
- I kappa B kinase 2 antibody
- I kappa B kinase beta antibody
- I-kappa-B kinase 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-IKK beta (phospho Y199) antibody (ab59195) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell extracts treated with TNF alpha (20ng/ml) and calyculin (50nM, 5 mins)
Lane 2 : HeLa cell extracts treated with TNF alpha (20ng/ml) and calyculin (50nM, 5 mins) with phosphopeptide
Predicted band size: 87 kDa
Observed band size: 87 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded human breast carcinoma tissue using ab59195 at 1/50 dilution. Left image: untreated. Right image: sample treated with immunising peptide.
ab59195 has been referenced in 28 publications.
- Wang ZP et al. Corosolic acid attenuates cardiac fibrosis following myocardial infarction in mice. Int J Mol Med 45:1425-1435 (2020). PubMed: 32323841
- Ma H et al. Osteoarthritis is Prevented in Rats by Verbascoside via Nuclear Factor kappa B (NF-?B) Pathway Downregulation. Med Sci Monit 26:e921276 (2020). PubMed: 32249762
- Zhang X et al. Parkin facilitates proteasome inhibitor-induced apoptosis via suppression of NF-?B activity in hepatocellular carcinoma. Cell Death Dis 10:719 (2019). PubMed: 31558697
- Ahmad A et al. Phytomedicine-Based Potent Antioxidant, Fisetin Protects CNS-Insult LPS-Induced Oxidative Stress-Mediated Neurodegeneration and Memory Impairment. J Clin Med 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31207963
- Mei X et al. lncRNA-NR024118 overexpression reverses LPS-induced inflammatory injury and apoptosis via NF-?B/Nrf2 signaling in ATDC5 chondrocytes. Mol Med Rep 20:3867-3873 (2019). PubMed: 31485657