Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [17H18L16] to IL-1 beta
- Suitable for: Indirect ELISA, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse
Product nameAnti-IL-1 beta antibody [17H18L16]
See all IL-1 beta primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [17H18L16] to IL-1 beta
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Indirect ELISA, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Rat
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Mouse IL-1 beta aa 118-269. Mature form without propeptide.
VPIRQLHYRLRDEQQKSLVLSDPYELKALHLNGQNINQQVIFSMSFVQGE PSNDKIPVALGLKGKNLYLSCVMKDGTPTLQLESVDPKQYPKKKMEKRFV FNKIEVKSKVEFESAEFPNWYISTSQAEHKPVFLGNNSGQDIIDFTMESV SS
Database link: P10749
- Mouse IL-1B recombinant protein
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab200478 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Indirect ELISA||Use a concentration of 0.00015 - 3 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 - 3 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 31 kDa.|
FunctionPotent proinflammatory cytokine. Initially discovered as the major endogenous pyrogen, induces prostaglandin synthesis, neutrophil influx and activation, T-cell activation and cytokine production, B-cell activation and antibody production, and fibroblast proliferation and collagen production. Promotes Th17 differentiation of T-cells.
Tissue specificityExpressed in activated monocytes/macrophages (at protein level).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-1 family.
modificationsActivation of the IL1B precursor involves a CASP1-catalyzed proteolytic cleavage. Processing and secretion are temporarily associated.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm, cytosol. Lysosome. Secreted, exosome. Cytoplasmic vesicle, autophagosome. Secreted. The precursor is cytosolic. In response to inflammasome-activating signals, such as ATP for NLRP3 inflammasome or bacterial flagellin for NLRC4 inflammasome, cleaved and secreted. IL1B lacks any known signal sequence and the pathway(s) of its secretion is(are) not yet fully understood (PubMed:24201029). On the basis of experimental results, several unconventional secretion mechanisms have been proposed. 1. Secretion via secretory lysosomes: a fraction of CASP1 and IL1B precursor may be incorporated, by a yet undefined mechanism, into secretory lysosomes that undergo Ca(2+)-dependent exocytosis with release of mature IL1B (PubMed:15192144). 2. Secretory autophagy: IL1B-containing autophagosomes may fuse with endosomes or multivesicular bodies (MVBs) and then merge with the plasma membrane releasing soluble IL1B or IL1B-containing exosomes (PubMed:24201029). However, autophagy impacts IL1B production at several levels and its role in secretion is still controversial. 3. Secretion via exosomes: ATP-activation of P2RX7 leads to the formation of MVBs containing exosomes with entrapped IL1B, CASP1 and other inflammasome components. These MVBs undergo exocytosis with the release of exosomes. The release of soluble IL1B occurs after the lysis of exosome membranes (By similarity). 4. Secretion by microvesicle shedding: activation of the ATP receptor P2RX7 may induce an immediate shedding of membrane-derived microvesicles containing IL1B and possibly inflammasome components. The cytokine is then released in the extracellular compartment after microvesicle lysis (PubMed:11728343). 5. Release by translocation through permeabilized plasma membrane. This may occur in cells undergoing pyroptosis due to sustained activation of the inflammasome (By similarity). These mechanisms may not be not mutually exclusive.
- Information by UniProt
- Catabolin antibody
- H1 antibody
- IFN beta inducing factor antibody
Anti-IL-1 beta antibody [17H18L16] (ab200478) at 2 µg/ml + Mouse IL-1B recombinant protein
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 31 kDa
Indirect ELISA analysis of IL-1B mouse protein coated onto the plate performed using various dilutions of ab200478. A non-linear regression analysis was performed (4 PL), LOD and LOQ for the antibody was determined.
ab200478 has been referenced in 37 publications.
- Zhang L et al. NLRP3 inflammasome inactivation driven by miR-223-3p reduces tumor growth and increases anticancer immunity in breast cancer. Mol Med Rep 19:2180-2188 (2019). PubMed: 30747211
- Wang X et al. AIM2 gene silencing attenuates diabetic cardiomyopathy in type 2 diabetic rat model. Life Sci 221:249-258 (2019). PubMed: 30790610
- Zhou D et al. Inhibition of apoptosis signal-regulating kinase by paeoniflorin attenuates neuroinflammation and ameliorates neuropathic pain. J Neuroinflammation 16:83 (2019). PubMed: 30975172
- Tang CZ et al. Overexpression of microRNA-301b accelerates hippocampal microglia activation and cognitive impairment in mice with depressive-like behavior through the NF-?B signaling pathway. Cell Death Dis 10:316 (2019). PubMed: 30962417
- Wu K et al. A New Use for an Old Drug: Carmofur Attenuates Lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-Induced Acute Lung Injury via Inhibition of FAAH and NAAA Activities. Front Pharmacol 10:818 (2019). PubMed: 31379583